PDA

View Full Version : FUEL GUAGE

novaexplod
03-06-04, 01:09 PM
the needle on my fuel guage keeps dropping off the scale then going to the top of it.it also shows im on the bottom of redline when theres more than 5 litres in the tank?i was told it was a common fault on novas but how do i fix it? :roll:

Jack
03-06-04, 01:17 PM
could be a duff sender unit?

david dixon
03-06-04, 01:19 PM
Well its either of 3 things, the sender unit in the tank, a dodgey wire or the clocks going hay wire.

novaexplod
03-06-04, 05:07 PM
well if its a dodgy wire i cud probably find it if theres a problem. how wud i get to the sender or can i not? and y wud the clock go stupid?

-tucny-
03-06-04, 05:32 PM
i had a similar problem. my guage would go right of the scale then come back down when i almost had f**k all fuel in my tank, i had to guess how much was in. i ended up taking my clocks out to check all the connections and i turned the little magnet thing on the back of fuel guage round n now its fine.

novaexplod
04-06-04, 05:52 PM
o rite ill give it ago then n c wot happens. :lol:

robb
07-06-04, 10:04 AM
I would change the sender unit first. Most likely that's what it is....

Ihad half a tank constantly, then changed it and it's fine.

Easy to change too, just use hammer and punch to turn the whole unit anti-clockwise (it's on the back of the tank), use a tub to catch the petrol, put new one in and hit clockwise till it's in, plug in wires, done.

Elthrin
07-06-04, 04:44 PM
Same problem on mine.

Any idea how much the sender is?

What do you mean turn the magnet round?

-tucny-
07-06-04, 05:10 PM
on the back of the guage there is what appears to be a magnet. i think it may have a resister or something on it, anyway i just turned it round - then fastned it back on to the screw things. if that dosnt work for you try changing just the guage.