PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 16v in2 1.2i?

jamesnova
02-06-04, 11:14 PM
hey ppl,
how easy is it 2do this? wot is involved? is there a guide newhere on how 2 do this?

cheers

jamesnova

david dixon
03-06-04, 08:34 AM
Iv already wired one of these up. just cut the loom from the engine only leaving the usual wires to the oil pump, alternator, starter, temp gauge and so on these will need to be joined to the 14 16v loom, them take the black wire from the 1.4 16v loom and place on to the nova ignition live, the green from 14 loom to coil (-) side! you will aslo need your ecu live. (thick red) to battery.
you do have the chipped key dont you? cos if not you are in a world of pain mate, after m reg they all had chipped keys and wont run without them, it will just keep cutting out after about 5 seconds. it will need decoding around ?180.

jamesnova
03-06-04, 11:37 AM
i havent got a lump 4 mine yet. im just tryin 2 find out how easy it would b 2 swap the engine over. wot drive shafts, mounts etc do u use?

david dixon
03-06-04, 11:50 AM
the mounts and shafts can be used off the nova engine cos it's a small block engine and they all fit in the same place.

Matt Nova
04-06-04, 07:21 PM
I take it you were serious then james other day then mate. Get that engine sorted will be top.

david dixon
05-06-04, 09:41 AM
we did this to my mates and he then fitted a four branch and system and it did a 16.0 at york dragway, not bad for a 1.4 i dont think. :D

jamesnova
06-06-04, 09:44 PM
yeh im serious bout doin the coversion. neideas how much i should expect 2 pay 4 the lump n all runnin gear? wot else did ur mate do 2 the lump?

jamesnova
15-06-04, 11:40 PM
does ne1 have ne pics of the conversion done in a nova? i fink ive found a 1.4 16v t-reg cost sport donner car now. can i just use the corsa ignition barrel so i can use the corsa key? also is there ne wirin diagrams etc around? will i b runnin 2 looms in my car????

or...................

is there ne1 in will to help fit wen i get a lump sorted?? lol