PDA

View Full Version : Wiring problems please help

deanopud
02-06-04, 01:52 PM
I have just purchased my new project car after some twat smashed into my old car wen it woz parked outside my house (see nova 1.4 sr features for my old car) My new car is a 1.2 but has been heavily heavily modded already pretty much all that needs doing to it is a bigger engine.
..........But i have a problem !!!
Last nite when i was out cruisin about listenin to some tunes i was engulfed with smoke and had to pull over and jump out. One of the wires had fried going from the fuse box. When i looked this morning i noticed that the melted wire was coming from the foglamp fuse back and then disappears behind the dash. The fuse in the foglamp was a 30 but in my mates it is a 10!!! The wire has also fused together with a number of other wires. i dont want to fuck about with it because although i am quite competent i dont wanna mess about with the electrics. Does anyone know if the wires that run from the fuse box run to some kind of transformer block. because if they do then i cud just pull out my fuse box and wires up to the transformer and get another lot and plug it straight in otherwise i get the feeling that the whole lot might have to come out and be re wired CRAP.Please please help someone!!!
:(

robb
02-06-04, 02:53 PM
I have a loom if you want it, It ain't quite complete as there is no plugs for the horn (they are on mine) and there is also another cut a bit further up but I think I have all the cut bits somewhere, only the dash lights anyway, sure u have them intact!!

PM me if u want it.

I only want a few pints and the postage charge for it :roll: