PDA

View Full Version : SR Engine or Digital Camera???

Anonymous
19-07-01, 03:15 PM
I have a problem.
My engine on my nova merit is going a bit silly on me...
Now... I have a Canon Digital Ixus which i dont use that often... so what do i do?
Arse around fixing the Merit Engine or sell the digicam and buy an SR engine?
Problem is you see i wouldn't even know where to start fitting an engine so i am stuck really.
WHAT SHOULD I DO???
Please help.

ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
19-07-01, 03:21 PM
get a mate with a tranny van, the SR engine, all ancillaries (spelling), and a few pints handy.

Then go down to the next Novaload meet and get everyone to muck in fitting the biatch, dishing out pints as payment...

;)

Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk
Nova Community & Hidden Cameras in a Sunbed Parlour!

Anonymous
19-07-01, 03:28 PM
I think that would be a damn good idea!!!!! anybody fancy some pints for rebuilding a GSI?!?!?!?

Nice car, what's the retail on that?
More than you can afford buddy....Ferrari!

smoke him!

Anonymous
19-07-01, 03:42 PM
This is not a bad idea... but do i really want a set of drunkards fitting me an engine??? Not sure it is the safest way to do it...

ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
19-07-01, 03:44 PM
You can either trust the Novaload drunkards or a mechanic, your call ;)

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!"

Anonymous
19-07-01, 04:20 PM
WISE WORDS...

ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
19-07-01, 06:30 PM
get the sr engine! I've got a 1.3 for sale thats had the top end rebuilt and not used if you want it :D
I'm sure it won't be hard to fit as it's carbed and will have the same mounts etc.
Plus I'm sure you won't have to sell your digi camera to get it ;)

Anonymous
19-07-01, 06:55 PM
right then how much u wanting for this engine of the 1.3 SR variety? had someone after selling me a 1.4sr engine for 120quids.

ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
19-07-01, 11:19 PM
My SR engine was only ?40 with all bits included, except for the alternator (I just swapped my old one over, so not a prob), and it'd recently had the whole bottom end rebuilt. (top a slightly smoky though, but sorted with a new 1.2 head)

You can get 'em for even less, so I don't think you'll have to sell your Camera ;)
Depends what you want.....standard, or modded etc

MKII Nova Brochure scans to be added to www.novabug.co.uk soon!

Anonymous
20-07-01, 10:59 AM
Just a standard will do... I have a 1.2 now and am after something a little quicker.

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
20-07-01, 01:37 PM
hmm maybe ?80 was too much to ask! :O well I suppose it was with a gearbox is that a good price? how much do you want it for?
I haven't really got a clue on these things. Rich- did you get yours cheap or is that run of the mill?