PDA

View Full Version : ....Fitting GSI Dash and Digi....

Barn
01-06-04, 01:21 PM
Orite Lads,

Going to attempt to fit a GSI dashboard and digi dash into a MK1 1.3L soon...

What problems am I likely to experience?

Will the dash physically fit in the Mk1 with no probs?

Car hasn't even got a rev counter so...e.g. will there be problems wiring the rev counter on the digi dash...?

Will there be problems wiring up the lights behind the heater controls etc

Just looking for advice really as I aint exactly good when it comes to electrics.

And I know there are guides on Novaland...just want people who have done it to offer advice like

Cheers :+:

Will F
01-06-04, 02:42 PM
Will plop straight in! No physical issues at all.

You will need the air ducting and the heater matrix wires from the mk2 and thats about it!
Lights fit into bulb holders in the dash.

Rev counter will need a feed from the coil (easy!)

Job Jobb'ed

Barn
01-06-04, 02:56 PM
magic mate, cheers

- do people usually get the heater matrix wires when they buy a GSI dash mate? (I know you prob sold a good few of them)?

What the wires look like?

So is the wiring easy mate?

Digi dash I'm abit 'thing' about as I aint brilliant with electrics...

- anyone know where I can get like an electrician starter pack (lol) or something with those little red block connector things to do the wiring?

robb
01-06-04, 03:30 PM
Best thing to do about the wiring on a digi dash is to go to any good electric store, or hardware store and get the block connectors as these are the easiest way to wire em in.

The heater ducts should come with the dash, ask first, there are 2, one for each side.

Wiring on the dash shouldn't be too hard, try and get the wiring harness with the dash, I have a complete loom for MK2 so can post out a few bits from it if need be. Check the guides to see which ones need changing and how.

Good Luck

-tucny-
01-06-04, 04:45 PM
Will plop straight in! No physical issues at all.

You will need the air ducting and the heater matrix wires from the mk2 and thats about it!
Lights fit into bulb holders in the dash.

Rev counter will need a feed from the coil (easy!)

Job Jobb'ed

this is not entirely true. most wires just swop over however u will find that you will have more wires on ur existing dash than on ur new. an example of this would be the hazard switch. its fairley easy to get round this. i agree the air ducting and heater matrix wires are needed. total vauxhall did a step by step guide to a dash swap including fitting the digi dash if i can find it il e-mail it to u.

Barn
01-06-04, 05:05 PM
thanks mate...would really appreciate that

:+:

Riggy
01-06-04, 06:19 PM
yeah its easy really as said there are extra wires on your loom but when you are matching colours just put all the same colours together

you will also need the bottom cover for the heater matrix cos i think the vents are in this that blow down and the cables might be in a slightley different position

when you do it tis worth buying the diode and doin the hazzard light fix

carl

epo
01-06-04, 08:42 PM
theres a guide on here