PDA

View Full Version : My Car.....

Paul
01-06-04, 01:25 AM
Just been thinking, should I strip it out?

What do you all think?

I use it everyday, but never really have anyone in there.

Would stop people asking for lifts everywhere,

But, on the other hand, that only ever means, me + 1 mate. :?

What do you all think, and people who have done it, any regrets that I haven't thought about yet?

Cheers Paul

Barn
01-06-04, 01:31 AM
was thinkin of doin this myself (when I get another car, lol) get p*ssed off with people asking for lifts everywhere and it weighs the car down so much with 3 birds ( :wink: :lol: ) in the back...

dunno though, would be weird just having (like u said) u and 1 other person in the car...

hmmm will have to think about it before casting the all important vote, lol

Paul, sure I saw your car for sale a couple of weeks back?

what other things you got planned for it ?

Looks a real nice motor...nice colour n all

Take it easy

broody
01-06-04, 01:33 AM
strip it paul, i had my back seats out for a while as was great telling people they couldnt get lifts, never really have more then me and one other person in car, strip it and lose the weight and better looks!

Paul
01-06-04, 01:39 AM
Yeh I had had completely enough of it mate.

Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong at once!!

It was at a bad time too, no money, no time, nearly no license so I was just going to get a sensible car as oppose to something thats nearly cost me my license a few times. I've been driving 5 months nearly and already someone has tried to take me to court, I got pulled on my first night, I've had countless producers, been pulled twice in one night a few times, get pulled 2/3 times a week. :cry: My car attracts more attention to the police than 30 dead bodies do. :lol:

Thats all died down and is behind me now, so all I've got to say is, let the modifying re-commence. lol

I was looking at MPS cages, they are quite cheap, look good, but no doubt some one is going to tell me how it will kill me.

Thanks for the kind words Barney :D

Mel
01-06-04, 01:43 AM
i think stripped out rear's look great, but i prefer the practicality of the seats.. dunno why, im weird like that :lol:

Paul
01-06-04, 01:46 AM
Same as me Mel,

Love look of stripped out car, but like practicality of it actually being able to carry more than one person other than me...

Barn
01-06-04, 02:10 AM
no worries

where did you get your Magnum rear bumper from mate ?

dunno if a 3" magnex tailpipe would really look right in the big gap though...hmmmm

how's does your car go on petrol mate woth that spec?

had a lot of business with the police in my SR mate and that was a standard looking beast...got used to it in the end...

don't worry mate...loads of things happened all at once with my SR and then I rolled it which capped it all off, lol

Paul
01-06-04, 02:14 AM
Bought magnum rear bumper off a lad on here, he now drives a clio with a R5GTT engine in it.

Nice motor that is.

Sorry to hear about you rolling your car, :(

Petrol is crap, want to get run around and my car, but cant afford it. :(

Then I would deffo strip it out....

Barn
01-06-04, 02:24 AM
same ere mate, really want a run around piece of sh*t car but can't afford it either.

shame about the petrol as I was looking to build a nice little 'nippy' spec motor similiar to yours and was hoping that it would be ok on the old juice...

o well thats good old carbs for ya

srs1
01-06-04, 07:47 AM
well i am thinking of the stripped out look with a difference.
i am doing something like ollsters. that car looks well nice.

rear cage, false floor and sound system. i like the stripped look but not the bare shell look.

Jim
01-06-04, 09:35 AM
Do you need the rear seats? If so, then leave them in. If not, then take them out. Depending on the model of the car, you might find it's a bit messy under the rear seats, so will either need cleaning up or you'll have to build a false floor to make it look a bit better.

You'll hear the exhaust more, and general road noise, but if you don't mind that, then go for it. However, can I sugget you get some bucket seats rather than using standard seats (even SR/Gsi seats) as a stripped out look doesn't look quite right with standard seats.

Jim

Dpnova
01-06-04, 09:39 AM
I like what sean said, where you have a false floor and such, but if you need back seats leave them beacuse you will soon get annoyed if you want to give soem mates a lift

-Bruce-
01-06-04, 10:21 AM
i think that the decision is made up for you mate if you want to carry more than one passenger then i dont think you can carry them on the floor in the back. lol but strippin it out is not practical but it is better for performance and personaly looks also. its all up to you mate.

bruce

steve-o
01-06-04, 11:25 AM
im gonna by an MR2, just so i dont have to give ppl lifts

Paul
01-06-04, 12:25 PM
I saw Ollsters car in the fleash, thats who i bought my wheels off, and thats what made me think about doing it to be honest. I think Ollster's Nova is the best I've ever seen in real life.

Also I really like Neil's (Purple nova) has got a really nice rear with his subs and amp's etc all on display.

I am looking into the Konig Front seats. Silver and Black leather...

epo
01-06-04, 09:07 PM
i stripped my back seats out due to the fact i bought buckets with out the tilt sub frame and then filled the back with subs tho

thats why i got a family car 2 lol

scott.parker
01-06-04, 09:14 PM
Well as i carnt be arssed with ppl in the back of mine,i stripped it,and dont regret it one bit..
you can here the exhaust pop more clear as well :D

makes it lighter,meaning faster...

so what you waiting on get out there and do it..

scott