PDA

View Full Version : Jerking motion when not accelerating in 3rd and 4th

dunova
31-05-04, 05:18 PM
Does anyone have this problem? I have a gsi and in 3rd and 4th gear when i'm not accelerating (foot completely off the accelerator) it often jerks abit back and forth. It seems to me like it might be slightly under-fueling. Has anyone else had this problem? It only seems to do it in 3rd and 4th when my revs are below 3000rpm. :?:

burgo
31-05-04, 07:04 PM
dunno mate all i can say is me mates cavvy does it as well

dunova
01-06-04, 08:37 AM
Anyone?!?!?
It's hard to explain really-jerking motion prob isn't the best way to describe but anyone who has it happen with there's should know what i mean. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the coasting air valve-maybe it's sticking? Any ideas?!?! :?:

walshie
02-06-04, 11:28 AM
If it only happens in the top end of each gear it could be your injectors, my mates got a 1.2i and it did the same, he got sum stuff from halfords specially to clean hte injectors. All he did was put a full tank of petrol in it and mix it with this solution and it sorted it out

dunova
02-06-04, 11:34 AM
No top end of each gear is fine-its below 2,000rpm when i'm lettin it decelerate/slwoing down through the gears. I would have thought that the injectors would be less happy in lower revs coz they're under less pressure and therefore are more likely to let not enough fuel through? Anyway i'll try gettin some of that stuff and see what happens cheers mate