PDA

View Full Version : Novadose bodykit

danny-g-
31-05-04, 12:59 PM
Hello
Ive just bought a nova dose bodykit and my mates told me im stupid coz there s**t and dont fit very well.

has anybody ever fitted one and do they fit well?

coz if they are crap im not wastin my time painting it

thanks for any help and advise I might get

Dan :wink:

Jim
31-05-04, 01:22 PM
I have the Novadose rear bumper and side skirts. I had to drill a couple of holes for the bolts on the side on the bumper, but other than that it fits fine. The side skirts were a little more tricky, but i wanted them blending in, so it took a bit more time to fit.

Jim

Paul
31-05-04, 03:58 PM
I have fitted the sideskirts myself.

They are roughly the same shape or line of the car, but they do need trimming, filing, and cutting a bit to fit perfectly. The best way to affix them to the car is:

1) Line them up against the car with the door open, shut them in the door so that they are held on.

2)Work out where needs trimming and cutting to make them fit better, mark out how much to remove etc.

3)Take them off the car, remove the marked area, line them up again, see how they look. Repeat this until you are happy with they way they look.

4) Remove once more, sand paint of the area where the skirts will cover, so that the surface is rough, and also drill holes in the bottom underside of the skirt (so that any water will drain from them.)

5)Using Sikaflex or something similar, cover the skirt along the rear fin, where it meets the inside of the rear arch and front arch, and the front fin, and the bit that goes inside the door sill.

6) Line it back up to the car, drill 3 screws into the rear fin into the car and 2 into the front fin, leaving the screw heads exposed. Fit 2 rivets into each arch to hold the skirt on.

7) When the glue is dry, and the skirt is firmly held in place 1 week or so, remove the screws exposed, and fill the holes over, then you are ready to either smooth them into the bodywork or paint them.

8) I also decided to put a line of screws into the door sill just to be extra sure that they won't fall off or anything, lol.

Hope that helps mate, other people have other wayd of fitting them, buts thats how i did mine.

danny-g-
31-05-04, 09:59 PM
Okay thanks I'll give it a go, Ill get it all to fit an then paint em,

cheers ppl :D