PDA

View Full Version : brakes not working

djp_y2k
31-05-04, 09:08 AM
got my hoses at last the other day.

filled up with brake fluid as it was empty. tryed to bleed them, but there is still no pressure on the brake pedal.

all brakes are pumping out brake fluid with no air in.

Seems a bit strange. Only thing i can think of is that there must be an air pocket some where that doesnt want to budge.

ANy ideas or advice.

Chris
31-05-04, 09:42 AM
I used a 1 man bleed kit. They cost about ?20 and are really handy. It is a bottle that has a tube coming out that screws onto the top of you master cylinder, with another tube connected to a tyre valve. Fill the bottle with brake fluid, put the cap on master cylinder and then the tyre valve on a pumped up tyre. The air from the tyre goes in to the bottle and forces the fluid out into the master cylinder. Then just go around you two circuit and bleed them up. The bleed kit has never failed me yet. Chris

djp_y2k
31-05-04, 11:11 AM
so ur forcing brake fluid through due to using that tyre thing.

I have to bleed valves on my front calipers. do i do them one at a time or both at the same time.

Started to figure out why i hate the car so much.

cheers dude

_JH_
31-05-04, 08:08 PM
I have to bleed valves on my front calipers. do i do them one at a time or both at the same time.

:?

do you mean TWO? two each or one each? what calipers do you have?

have you actually read a manual about how to do it?

BigRuss
31-05-04, 11:21 PM
HI,

You must mean You have four pot calipers yeah? I always bleed one side of the caliper then the other side of the same caliper.

Are You running a bias pedal box? Cause if you are then You'll need to bleed the front and back discs at the same time!!!!!
It is a bit of a twat if you are running a bias pedal box :evil:

Aragorn
31-05-04, 11:54 PM
the piston resovoirs on the calipers are normally joined

therefore since air rises u will only need to bleed the top nipple

if its empty u should really start at the rear and then move to the front

also since its totally empty u may wanna bleed it till u get fluid coming thru the rears, then till u get fluid coming thru the fronts, then let it settle a while and start again from the back

i found the constant pumping of the pedal (i was doing it the old fashioned way with 1-way valve) caused the fluid in the master cyl resovoir to froth up and that would introduce air inot the lines constantly