PDA

View Full Version : Another possible project car

hendrix
29-05-04, 03:55 PM
found another possible project car at simpson bros
check it here
http://www.simpsonsalvage.com/item.php?t=S&makemodel=Vauxhall&catcode=&trimlevel=&fueltype=&pics=pics&orderby=MakeModel&t=S&value=128010
check the NOS sticker on the back!!! :o
the other one 4 a project and probably better value is here
http://www.simpsonsalvage.com/item.php?t=S&makemodel=Vauxhall&catcode=&trimlevel=&fueltype=&pics=pics&orderby=MakeModel&t=S&value=126208
andy

scott.parker
29-05-04, 04:09 PM
Well you carnt really tel from them pics what the cars look like,as to there condition..but i think the blue mk1 looks like the best one as the othere has a fair bit of damage to the door where some nob has prised it open..

So what would you be planing to do to it?

scott

hendrix
29-05-04, 04:17 PM
im not plannin 2 do anythin wit it cuz ive run out of cash, so my car is on hold at the moment. Ive just seen a red SRi on ebay and would deffo have that if i had the cash, non runner (not sparking) but seems in good nick
andy

5_door owner
29-05-04, 05:38 PM
do you rekon one of those write off would be hard to insure as my sister is after a micra and i might get one of those an do it up 4 her

would it be the same as insuring a "straight" car???

hendrix
30-05-04, 04:47 PM
my nova is from the salvage place and it isnt no harder to insure at all. Make sure its a cat D car you get because then you can return it straight to the road. If its cat C you have to get a vehical inspection done by an engineer which is a hell of a lot more stricter than an MOT and can be a right ballache! :o Cat B cant be returned to the road

Kruger
31-05-04, 07:47 PM
I've been to have a look at these cars,

The red one has had previous front end damage and theres still a kink round the drivers suspension turret, its been poorly repaired, roof has been painted etc, rear end of the car was very good condition, the photo's on that site are never good representations of the cars offered, I've had the a couple of wasted 40 mile round trips after seeing descriptions such as CLEAN CAR, etc.

The Blue mark 1 is the better car overall but had scabby arches, and ?200 for a write off mark 1 is well over the top so I left it, something else will turn up.