PDA

View Full Version : Is this legal?

Tazzy
29-05-04, 12:13 PM
im sick of using public transport, it stinks of old p!$$ soaked coffin dodgers, with the seats covered in gum, and all graphitied and cut up by annoying little children who should have the back of thier heads slapped!

anyway, not only this, im spending too much money of bus fairs and taxi fair, when this money (?13 a day) could be going on my car, such as a new ICE install, or actually getting the car legal! lol

but ive had an idea, could i drive the car during the day if i was to cover the front corner with a plastic sheeting, like a bin liner?

i wont need the head lamp as id be driving in the day, nor the indicator as the side repeater works, and the whole damage will be covered up, the bonnet, wing and bumper are all secure (well, except the bumper-ish!)

could i do this?

cheerz!

broody
29-05-04, 12:33 PM
Answer, no.

For your car to be road legal it HAS to be able to pass an MOT at any time, i have had a police road side MOT, they randomly pull people over and do all the checks including imisions!

So you will have to have front indicators, headlight, some sort of bumper.

Your best bet and maybe cheaper in long run with your ?13 a DAY in bus fares is,

Go to scrappy, get head light and indicators, hammer the fook outa your body pannel to get them in some sort of shape, and just get any bumper and screw it into your wings, thats what ive done, my bumper is just held on with 3 screws each side, as i t-boned a woman that ran a stop sign, and i wasnt having her taking me off the road!

Neil

Col_Mk1
29-05-04, 12:36 PM
my mate dun it just say sum kid just smashed it and ur going 4 a new 1

hes drove wid out a bonnet 1s hehe

Tazzy
29-05-04, 12:43 PM
ibe bought a new headlamp/indicator unit, but i cant fitm it as the slam panel is to twisted and wont hammer out, as for the wing, its banana'd out, and torn, but i was thinking that if it was covered up, it would be ok!

ive got a new wing on order by the garage who will be straightening the front end up, as well as putting a new mot on it, a bonnet ive hopefully got coming from elsewhere, but im just sick of using busses (?4 in buses to college and ?7 in taxis to work!) its annoying!

cheerz anyway!

broody
29-05-04, 12:52 PM
ah right, im outa ideas then. :cry:

Dan
29-05-04, 12:54 PM
kinda tough titty really. If it aint road worthy then its not, there's no cheat around it until its fixed. If you do try your luck i hope you get caught and shot down. Cars are sharp enough objects at the best of times, i wouldnt wanna walk out infront of yours with bits missing.

We all have to use public transport at some time or another, just one of them things.

broody
29-05-04, 01:02 PM
get a peddel bike :lol:

Col_Mk1
29-05-04, 01:18 PM
get a scrammy

Riggy
29-05-04, 01:26 PM
ever thought of gettin a bus pass lol would be cheaper then ?4 a day

broody
29-05-04, 01:31 PM
lol, uve never been paying ?4 a day when u could of spent like ?12 or how ever much it is a week :lol:

General Baxter
29-05-04, 01:32 PM
get scooter :lol:

broody
29-05-04, 01:49 PM
'he was a scooter boy, she was a normal girl, he was just to fast n gay for her'
:lol: