PDA

View Full Version : Problem - need help please guys

novaal
28-05-04, 11:29 PM
Hey all,

Had a couple of minor problems with my nova the past few weeks, and just thought id ask you all for your guidance..

Firstly, and most annoying is that there is a rattle on the left hand side of my dash (mk1), it seems almost certain that it is coming from the speaker (as though it is loose) however i checked the screws and they are all damn tight... Is there some kind of 2 piece section that could be knocking together???? i dont know :( but its incredibly irritating, especially with all the bumps in the patch work quilt of roads there are round here!!!

Another minor problem really, is that my windscrean washers are not working, however they did so 3 days ago for one journey! WEIRD! when i use the stalk i can hear the motor working, but no water :( what can i check or do to fix this??

Your help will be much appreciated!

Cheers
Al

Ben
29-05-04, 12:25 AM
Could the central locking control unit be loose?

Remove one of the washer hoses from underneath the Jet and prime the pump and see if water comes out, if so your gets are blocked so get a paperclip and unblock them.

Barn
29-05-04, 12:38 AM
washers on my old SR 'blocked' up...went to unblock them and they worked as soon as I was about to unblock them with paperclip etc...mad, lol

sure that some of the fluid was frozen in the tubes or something from winter

Jules
29-05-04, 02:01 AM
Take the washer motor out of the rubber bung that holds it into the washer bottle, then take that rubber bung out of the bottle aswell, that rubber bung is actually a small filter and always gets gummed up full of sludge, rinse it out under a tap to clar it and it'll be fine (Might wanna wash the bottle out aswell though as the slimey bits in the bottom of it will only block it up again).