PDA

View Full Version : Which Exhaust !?

Nick
28-05-04, 05:23 PM
Hey, i'm after a back box for my car but i got a few restrictions

Noise is a problem, cos my neughbours r old n complained about the last exhaust on my car, one of them is an ex-police cheif n it really isn't worth the hassle

So i really need a Backbox for a 1.2 Carb Mk2 that's gonna give me a nice roar but isn't over the top, especially at low revs !

Anyone gimmie any advice, !? was looking at the smaller Bored Sportex Backboxes !

NOVA'S_RULE!
28-05-04, 05:27 PM
ive got a rage 4" universal exhaust cost me ?75 and that makes just a nice little roar and is no where near over the top, prob wud suit it imo but i ant tryed every exhaust so i wunt know really!

Andy

david dixon
28-05-04, 05:51 PM
Magnex are fairly queit and are a spot on fit, I would slao recomend piper tornado 3" round they usually a nice fit under the bumper and not to loud. :D

Adam
28-05-04, 06:31 PM
As said most Magnex exhausts have smaller tailpipes and so not loud, normal on tick-over but with a nice roar when you hit the revs.
Most of the Rage boxes are loud, depends what your level of loud is though.

epo
30-05-04, 11:21 PM
i had a magnex on mine it was quiet in low revs bu louder on top end i got rid as it wasnt to muy taste

or u cud get a tuneable rage exhaust

personally id tell the complainin neighbour to ram it but thats just me lol

if he heard mine he'd soon complain

rikih
01-06-04, 11:11 PM
magnex make noise my mate had one get a peco they are quiet but dont get tacky shit like sportex i had one and it vibrated agaist the petrol tank suspension i could go on .....

Snowface
02-06-04, 09:08 PM
i've heard peco are a bit 'tacky'.

epo
03-06-04, 06:45 PM
i've heard peco are a bit 'tacky'.

imo they are

Ste_Nova
03-06-04, 06:55 PM
get the motorsport direct full system

Cheeze
03-06-04, 07:09 PM