PDA

View Full Version : Big Bore2 problem...

Anonymous
31-08-00, 10:30 PM
I just got myself a PECO Big Bore2 exhaust... YEAH BABY... but it has brought about a strange rattling noise that seems to come from under the car near the engine and also from the middle of the floor.... Why the hell has this happened?? I only got the back box and have not altered the standard manifold.... exhaust sounds CoooooooL anyhow :) ??

Anonymous
31-08-00, 11:10 PM
Hi, maybe its your bracket between the manifold and the centre pipe, mine cracked and the noise was crazy. its by the gear box mounting bracket

Anonymous
01-09-00, 08:04 AM
i have the same problem with my sri. i just fitted a new system and it rattles like fuck, just where you said!! help!

Anonymous
01-09-00, 10:36 PM
I have managed to fix it... turned the exhaust box at the back until the centre of the exhaust under the gearbox was higher than before... and then i tightened the bracket around the exhaust end and now no noise... except for dreadful knocking from CV joints!

Anonymous
07-09-00, 01:42 PM
I had the same problem with a PIPER EVO 3 on my 1.3SR I managed to sort it by gettin some heat proff material and wrapping an exhaust bandage round it. Its sound cool now though. Plus I used to have a big Bore 2 with the same problem but I decided to take it off and when I did I looked closly and there was a crack on the pipe of the back box.