PDA

View Full Version : Black Nova :D

Anonymous
17-07-01, 07:53 AM
Does anyone know who owns the black nova that was at the Milton Keynes meeting on the 3rd of June? If you look at the report, it's pictures 10 + 11 and the reg. is J3 JGR.

Does anyone know anything about this car?
Spec?
Year?
Owner?
And most importantly, IS IT FOR SALE?????

Cheers,
Micko.

Anonymous
17-07-01, 08:34 AM
it's slimjim's !

"Don't just look at it......................EAT IT!!!!!"

Anonymous
17-07-01, 09:19 AM
Who is Slimjim??

Anonymous
17-07-01, 09:31 AM
Slim will get a big head from this!!!! his car has only done about 40000 miles aswell, but I think he is in love with it, so unless you offer him serious amounts of cash or maybe if you have a sister or something!!!lol!!

Nice car, what's the retail on that?
More than you can afford buddy....Ferrari!

smoke him!

Anonymous
17-07-01, 09:51 AM
I'll swope my girlfriend!!
Well, maybe just a loan.

Is it a standard GSi?
How can I contact Slim?

Cheers,
Micko

Anonymous
17-07-01, 10:00 AM
Hi there, I'm SlimJim :D

The car is a 1991 1.4 SR. It's in the featured section, you have to scroll down to find it. In brief the car has a 4:2:1 Manifold, full stainless steel exhaust and K&N Air filter. I've put a GSi front bumper on and had the sides resprayed and all grey trim removed. De-locked, debadged, 15"Smith Multispoke Alloys, clear side repeaters and Lowered 30mm all round.

I've got many more plans for the engine, amongst other things. Like jkhilton said, it's only done 40k from new, and It's in pretty good condition.

Unfortunatley I'm not selling it, even though I've thought about it at times when I've had enough of it ;)

You can contact me by clicking on the blue highlighted name on this reply. If you do, send us a pic of your girlfriend and I might consider it ;) lol.

Jim.

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!"

Anonymous
17-07-01, 11:09 AM
Your car looks excellent, the way a nova should look, no mad spoilers,bumpers or bonnet vents.
On your front bumper, is that a crome stip?
What offset are your wheels?
I'm in the process of buying a GSi, and plan to have it looking something similar to yours.

cheers,
micko

Anonymous
17-07-01, 11:27 AM
Mines black, 1400SR, i like em plain & simple, i am puttin gsi bumper on, but with the recess & mesh, gone for a grille spoiler, with built in eyebrows, bonnet with astra gsi vents, they are like factory fit, fookin ace, goin for 15" GM alloys, irmcher skirts, no vinyl or rubbing strips, all black, the way it should be.

Jim, how have your rear arches been modified? they look like they have a lip on?

cheers.

-------------------------
testies, testies one, two, three...

three???

wotttt the foooook?

:-/
-------------------------

Anonymous
17-07-01, 12:32 PM
Cheers micko, it's nice to get compliments. It is a chrome strip around the bumper, I saw it on a Red Nova and thought it might look good against the black and also go with the wheels, lights and filler cap.

Mark D, yeah, the rear arches have a lip on them, only because the wheels are the wrong offset and when I took the car to get it sprayed, I asked for the arches to be pulled out. Instead the guy decided to put a lip on them :( When I get the money, it'll have another re-spray and the arches will be done properly.

Word of advice When you get quotes for work to be done on your car, bear in mind "you pay for what you get" I learnt the hard way. If you can stretch your wallet that little bit more, it could save you a fortune in the long run.

Good luck lads, it'll be nice to see some more black Novas about :)

Jim.

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!"