PDA

View Full Version : Buy cheap petrol LEGALLY! (No joke..)

Breeny
26-05-04, 12:41 PM
http://www.draxfuel.co.uk/

Have a read through and sign up to register your interest, I already have :)

Stuart
26-05-04, 12:59 PM
regsiterd. but i bet its a too good to be true thing. and potentially a rip off scam lol

Will
26-05-04, 01:04 PM
yes regiestered also jsut have to wait and see nothing to lose at this stage :)

if it kicks off there will be advertising in petrol stations or at least a logo of description so can look for that :D

jkhilton
26-05-04, 01:09 PM
This was posted on the lancerregister a couple of days ago, it's a good idea(if it is real), but at the moment they can't deliver any super-unleaded 98 ron fuel. They say they may be able to in the future, but I think I will stick to Shell Optimax for now, at least that way I know(or at least hope I know!) what I am getting for my money and it's not just some cheap fake that will damage my engine.

John

Stuart
26-05-04, 01:21 PM
well it looks like you go to the petrol station thats in on the scam lol. and then you fill up, and have the fuel level taken off your account. drax then "give" that station the ammount of fuel you used back.

if that makes sense.

anyway big scam me thinks, but im in for it lol

Breeny
26-05-04, 02:05 PM
but I think I will stick to Shell Optimax for now, at least that way I know(or at least hope I know!) what I am getting for my money and it's not just some cheap fake that will damage my engine.

lol you reckon.. Optimax is just a big con IMO. They fill normal unleaded with additives and badge it as 98RON although they will never guarantee it. By the time it gets to be in your tank its as good as running normal unleaded because the additives don't last very long.

Buying a proper SUL from Esso or BP is much better me thinks (And they will guarantee its a 97RON).

Dave
26-05-04, 04:39 PM
regsiterd. but i bet its a too good to be true thing. and potentially a rip off scam lol

will probably turn out to be the only petrol station you can fill up with is on the isle of man :lol:
sounds very iffy to me but i hope i'm proved wrong.

jkhilton
26-05-04, 04:48 PM
but I think I will stick to Shell Optimax for now, at least that way I know(or at least hope I know!) what I am getting for my money and it's not just some cheap fake that will damage my engine.

lol you reckon.. Optimax is just a big con IMO. They fill normal unleaded with additives and badge it as 98RON although they will never guarantee it. By the time it gets to be in your tank its as good as running normal unleaded because the additives don't last very long.

Buying a proper SUL from Esso or BP is much better me thinks (And they will guarantee its a 97RON).

just out of interest, where did you get the info? I have never heard of Shell only being the same ron rating as normal unleaded, but I have heard that said about BP. I think it is down to who you talk to, but I know I have been using only optimax in my Evo and it has been running perfectly well.
Most tuners that I have spoken to have told me to use optimax or bp super unleaded as they are pretty much the same thing, everyone seems to be in agreement that using just additives for fuel is a bad idea.

Jim
26-05-04, 05:31 PM
I've heard that Optimax can lose its ron rating if it's left in your tank for long periods of time. I don't think it'll have lost it's ron rating by the time it gets to the petrol station. If it has, then this is false advertising and Shell could get into serious trouble for this! I'm not saying this hasn't happened, but like John says, different people say different things. I used optimax and my car ran fine. I might try BP Ultimate when i get it back though. However 87.9p/litre doesn't appeal to me :(

Jim

Snowface
26-05-04, 07:09 PM
88.9p a litre for Ultimate here in Devon.

Still use it though. i really should get a Nectar card as i bet i spent about ?500-600 at this station ion the last 4 months.

Mel
26-05-04, 08:40 PM
Ultimate is 92p here :o

Will
27-05-04, 12:06 AM
Ultimate is 92p here :o

you wana fill up at the BP near the m1 mel thats wot i do on way back from gfs

its not 92p n'hampton fuel is cheaper than mk!!!

as for optimax, it has no proper ron rating gaurenteed by shell where as bp does with ts 97 ron ultimate (old skool super) etc etc

its up to you really, seeing as we dont have a bp in leighton when i get the gsi on the road ill be using optimax and ultimate when i fill up at the mrs etc etc

Ben
27-05-04, 12:44 AM
86p a L down by yer

jkhilton
27-05-04, 07:16 AM
What is the Octane level of Shell Optimax?

Shell Optimax has the highest octane specification of any petrol available on UK forecourts. It is greater than 98 Research Octane Number (RON).

they wouldn't be allowed to put that on the shell website if it wasn't that level would they?

Shell (http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId=uk-en&FC2=/uk-en/html/iwgen/shell_for_motorists/fuels/zzz_lhn.html&FC3=/uk-en/html/iwgen/shell_for_motorists/fuels/questions_answered_0731-2003.html)

Breeny
27-05-04, 10:22 AM
Nothing has been proved.. but they will not actually guarantee it. Theres loads of tests that have been done that show different RON ratings all over the country.

I'll stick to my normal unleaded anyway, not really fussed what petrol I put in the Beemer. Will probably use Esso SUL is the Nova when its back on the road, its the only petrol that people actually have nothing bad to say about. (Even BP gets shite RON ratings in some of the tests)

John.. speak to C/Chris who posts on the Lancer register, now theres a person who has an opinion on optimax! :lol:

Mel
27-05-04, 11:58 PM
Will, lol..it'll take me at least a quarter tank to get to the m1 and back before i could fill up.

I did tell u before, I'm not in N'tn itself..im bout 20 miles north from n'tn town.. Our BP sells fuel for 92p.

cheapest is Safeway afaik @ 87.9p :?