PDA

View Full Version : Speed Camara Question

Anonymous
19-06-01, 07:11 PM
One question i need answered.

Can a gatso catch u goin towards it? i was just driving through at 37mph and it flashed me but goin towards it and now im scared coz iv allready got 3 points and im on a 6 point license still!!!

cheers peeps
Si

*B-)*EAT my CHEESE*B-)*

Anonymous
19-06-01, 08:20 PM
nahh
dont think so

coz its dangerous ie u could crash

i have flew towards cameras at stupid speeds

but i wouldt like to say for sure

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
19-06-01, 08:23 PM
nope it is illegal to picture you face on! Dont worry mate.

Anonymous
19-06-01, 09:38 PM
if its illegel for them 2 get a pic of your face, arnt the new camaras that their puting up the one's that follow your speed over a calculated distance arnt they taking pic's of peoples faces??? dont know i could be wrong.

But i must agree i dont think u got anything to worry about

[-itchscratch.gif-]

www.perpetualbliss.net

Anonymous
19-06-01, 10:06 PM
cheers guys

*B-)*EAT my CHEESE*B-)*

Anonymous
20-06-01, 01:53 AM
no they dont otherwise motorbikes would have to have numberplates on the front these days...

B-) Streakers beware: Your end is in sight B-)

Anonymous
20-06-01, 08:46 AM
The new cameras do take pictures of your face but from what i can gather they work on infra red rather than flashing you, How many times did it flash ? one and you should be o.k, two and it is a bit dodgy.

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
20-06-01, 09:08 AM
There are camaras near MK and Leighton Buzzard that look like ordinary Gatsos, but point towards the oncoming traffic. They have an infra-red flash, and u dont know if you`ve been got or not.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
20-06-01, 09:17 AM
please let this be true cause i got flashed as well x-( dam cameras on saturday doing 42 in a 30 and it flashed me from the front

Anonymous
20-06-01, 09:27 AM
no, they can't do you when they flash you from the front, they just get confused, I have been flashed loads of times going towards cameras at silly speeds and I have never heard a thing. Touch Wood !!!!

Unless the camera has the ability to get people in both directions but those sorts of cameras are normally in the middle of the road. Its normally easy to tell, if its a gatso camera they can only tell how fast your doing by the white lines in the road, if theres no white lines on both sides you will be fine.

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
20-06-01, 09:38 AM
He is correct, ordinary gatsos dont get ya coming towards em.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)\

Whoopass! :D

Anonymous
20-06-01, 09:53 AM
Normal gatsos cant get u head on. I ramp past them in the opposite direction to set them off so they get a nice photo of an empty road (the lens cant see you on the other side of the road) and it wastes their film. Evil bastard gatsos....X-(

Anonymous
20-06-01, 09:56 AM
Dont worry about it i was trying yo race a Vectra doing about 90 in a 30 and it went off but they cant do sod all the camera is pointed on the other side of the road but the detector can pick us speeds around it ie on the other side of the road (pos to scare people like our selves

Anonymous
20-06-01, 10:38 AM
u really dont know how good that makes me feel :D

Didnt feel like loosing the car cause of stupid insurance prices
ill go down the same road 2night to check it out....now wheres that flourescent yellow spray can ;)

Anonymous
20-06-01, 10:43 AM
lol

;)Never be afraid to try anything new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals built the Titanic !;)

Anonymous
20-06-01, 11:24 AM
Its only going to get worse. Around Northampton the bastards have vans on bridges with cameras pointing out of the side doors. The only answer is increased vigilance and sticking to the limit around towns etc that are unfamiliar.

Anonymous
20-06-01, 01:00 PM
Tr new cameras takepics of ur front thats y motorbikes come speedin oast u at these points a s they cannot be caught.Bastards!! Flashoncameras as far as I'm aware can only take pics of ur back.I was flashed about three times in one go by a camera pointin towards me and ain't hear dnowt.
Fraz

My Car is for sale!!!!!

Anonymous
20-06-01, 01:40 PM
You cant get caught by speed cameras face on... they put 'em facing the way you are travelling to give them more time to get a picture of you.
The minimum speed for being out of range is 186 mph but if you were driving towards it at around 90 you would probably be past it before it could get the picture taken.

** Please Don't Spank Me TOO Hard... I Didn't Mean To Honest!!! **

Anonymous
20-06-01, 04:53 PM
wot if u were doing 25 in the direction of the camera and sum silly cnut came down the other way at wotever speed, wouldn't you get dun?

Anonymous
20-06-01, 05:03 PM
thats a good point !

Anonymous
20-06-01, 10:01 PM
no coz it takes 2 pics of you, and they can work out by the marks on the road if it was u or not

[-itchscratch.gif-]

www.perpetualbliss.net

Anonymous
21-06-01, 09:06 AM
ahhhh I see

Anonymous
17-07-01, 12:56 AM
I hav a CAMERA SHY number plate. My bro made it. Its a HOLLOGRAM! MINT*****