PDA

View Full Version : engine transplant probs..

johnnynova
24-05-04, 03:58 PM
u may have read my previouse posts on this subject.. :-)

1.2 to 1.4sr hybrid with piper cam.

here are the problems i have.

1. position of engine. its at an angle, so when looking at it from the front its higher on the left die (drivers side) suggestions....

2. stuck in gear, starts after putting foot down on clutch, but otherwise car jerks.. try starting it in a gear to free up rust..

3. can't select 4th or 5th gear and maybe not reverse(not 100% sure) what cud this be?

4. weber carb leaking at adaptor plate. bolts not tight enough... tried tightening them a bit, all fine, but one don't go that tight...

5. thats it i think,

thanks alot guys and gals (im sure there must be sum nova girls!! :-))

cheers

john

geordie_racer
24-05-04, 06:34 PM
1, had this on mine had taken the engine from an astra and used wrong drivers mount, are you using the original drivers mount or the mount from the engine donor?

2, had this also, take of the gear linkage on top of the gearbox and use the selector on the top of the box to put the gearbox in reverse. get somebody to hold the gearstick in reverse while you reconnect the gear linkage, then set up the gears according to the haynes

3, will be fine after the above

4, have you got the cork gasket?

chris

johnnynova
24-05-04, 07:41 PM
cheers
mate!

will try!

nah its the plastic black rubber gasket, where can i get the cork one from? or is that the shite one?

the car is at my mates uni mototr club so on the weekend i will try.

where is reverse, selecta all the way pushed in or all the way out?

cheers
aagin!

geordie_racer
25-05-04, 12:03 AM
you'll see when you look at the top of the gearbox theres a digram of where the gears are, be prepared for alot of hard shoving and when it's in reverse there should be about 3 inches of the selector shaft showing any less and you've prob hit neutral

the gasket on my webber is cork not sure where you'd get it from, maybe just go bnq and get some cork matting and cut your own? not that hard really

chris

johnnynova
31-05-04, 03:44 PM
i am using the original engine mount but it is still titled slightly.
as long as the bonnet shuts is it ok to drive the car like this? with the engine at a slight angle?

cheers

john