PDA

View Full Version : Bucket seats questions??????

Adam
24-05-04, 12:34 PM
Just a few questions about bucket seats,
Firstly do any of you find it difficult to fully press down the pedals, especially the clutch. Mainly with buckets that have like a hump at the edge, under your knees. Like this Cobra Monaco seat:-Have anyone on here got Monacos fitted
http://shop.carnoisseur.com/shop/products/Seats/Cobra/MonacoSeat/2345693001/image

Ones i have sat in restrict your legs from moving, but other seats like this Clubman:-
http://shop.carnoisseur.com/shop/products/Seats/Cobra/ClubmanSeat/2345705001/image
Don't have the same design.

Do they affect your ability to press the pedals fully, or is it summit to do with your height.
Cheers guys :D [/img]

Ste_Nova
24-05-04, 12:43 PM
you are sitting too far away if you can't push them down when in a propper seat

Adam
24-05-04, 12:48 PM
you are sitting too far away if you can't push them down when in a propper seat

Well i haven't actually tried driving a car with buckets yet anyway, its just ones i have sat in seem to stop your legs from moving down(visualising where the pedals should be), when you fit buckets are the pedals still about a foot and half below your seat(so you push like down on a diagonal angle) or are they more on a level( so you push along). If you get what i mean. :?

mark_GSi
24-05-04, 01:32 PM
i have a pair of cobra daytonas and they never stop me from pressing the pedals

if they do then have not been fitted right

Adam
24-05-04, 06:41 PM
Are they mounted so that they are completely level, or does the front edge slope down slightly. If you get what i mean, cus he has only sat in some that were in a car accessories show room, i don't think they were mounted, they may have just been sat on the floor. Its just that my mates having some Monacos and thats who the question was asked for.

Adam
24-05-04, 08:04 PM
If anyone on here has Cobra Monacos what do they think of them, how comfortable are they and what are they like for everyday driving.

mark_GSi
24-05-04, 10:06 PM
mine are level

blingmachine
24-05-04, 10:20 PM
cobra monacos or arse splitters as there known in the trade :lol: are notoriously uncomfortable, its good for short journeys round town but it does your back in on longer journeys, plus they have very little in the way of padding, so if you have a firm ride you ass will take a good pounding :lol: (maybe monacos are popular amongst the gay community :roll: )

Adam
24-05-04, 11:34 PM
cobra monacos or arse splitters as there known in the trade :lol: are notoriously uncomfortable, its good for short journeys round town but it does your back in on longer journeys, plus they have very little in the way of padding, so if you have a firm ride you ass will take a good pounding :lol: (maybe monacos are popular amongst the gay community :roll: )
Well thats your view,LOL :lol:

Jim
25-05-04, 08:22 AM
You will sit slightly lower in bucket seats, the height depends if youv'e used the original nova subframes, or side mounts. Either way, you need to fit the bucket seat correctly so that you can press the clutch pedal down.

Jim

Ste_Nova
25-05-04, 09:27 AM
put the standard seat where you can fully depress the clutch.... measure from the back/base/crack of the seat to the steering wheel.... place the bucket in the same position

p.s. i allways find buckets on nova frames a bit close to the roof

Adam
25-05-04, 01:51 PM
put the standard seat where you can fully depress the clutch.... measure from the back/base/crack of the seat to the steering wheel.... place the bucket in the same position

p.s. i allways find buckets on nova frames a bit close to the roof

Ah i see what you mean now, i forgot you put it onto the sub frame and then bolt it to the place where the original seat was, :oops:

The monacos are going on proper Cobra sub frames to a Nova, the sliding ones, so the seat will have the same movement(about) that the normal seats had and so they can be put in the same place. And they will be the same distance etc away from the pedals.
When fitting the sub frames to the car do they go in he same bolt holes as the original frames :?:
And do you find it easy to bolt the frame to the seat and then into the car, or frame into car then on with the seat(if this is possible)
Cheers guys :+: