PDA

View Full Version : Got some Pod pictures and videos but.........

Kruger
24-05-04, 11:50 AM
I need to transfer them from my home computer to my uni computer 170 miles away, as we downloaded 2 cameras worth at my house lastnite about ,

How do I send the folder because its 230MB, should I just put it into my shared folders in Kazaa with an odd file name and download this way??

Do I need to compress the file before sending, and how??

thanks guys.

Kev

Dpnova
24-05-04, 11:57 AM
could you not burn it to cd 8)

Chip_RB
24-05-04, 12:01 PM
did you happen to get my 13.3 run on there?

Kruger
24-05-04, 12:02 PM
No this pissy poor computer I use at home doesnt have a cd burner!

Its about 10 years old and struggles to run XP on its lame 233mhz :(

Kruger
24-05-04, 12:04 PM
No sorry Chip, I think theres more of the pro drag cars than anything else as my mate was videoing :roll:

Think I've got quite a few pictures and I've got a couple of my runs on video.

Breeny
24-05-04, 12:32 PM
Think your initial idea was probably best given the circumstances.. is it a 56k connection in Luton though? You'll be there forever... lol Ya got 230 floppy disks handy? lol

Would say send them to me dude but I'm at work at the mo :(

Other alternative is to take the PC with you!

Drop me a mail dude, I may be able to help out with some temporary webspace..

Breeny@Novaload.Net

Adam
24-05-04, 12:39 PM
Have you got one of them removable disc things, they come in 256Mb and they just plug straight into a usb port, download your file. Plug into the other computer and upload your file.
They have a good transfer speed as well.

Breeny
24-05-04, 12:48 PM
You mean a pendrive? lol Handy things they are, always carry one round with me now :D

If its that old it wont even have a usb drive... There about ?90 ish for a 256 meg one too so not really worth just going out to buy one just to get some photo's up..

Snowface
24-05-04, 06:35 PM
why not just take the hard drive out, whack it into the one at uni and copy them accross in a few seconds.

Unless u need to keep that slow one running.

Snowface
24-05-04, 06:36 PM
or just buy a cd burner for it, they only cost about ?20-25 if you look in the right places.

Kruger
24-05-04, 06:55 PM
This old nail of a computer must of been top brass 10 years ago as its got not just 1 but 2 USB ports, its just their a bitch to get at on the back, and
I've managed to borrow a cool 128mb pendrive/mp3 player which will do for most of the good stuff,

I'll then use the kazaa route as I've got a 128kb Ntl line here at home, and a cool 1MB line at my house in Leeds, and try and download it overnight,

Once I've sorted them out I'll put them up somewhere.