PDA

View Full Version : Date for the next nova shootout?

Chip_RB
24-05-04, 10:11 AM
Well without a doubt most people want to do it again from what they said on the day and since.

end of august some time be okay, or is there calender too crammed with other stuff then?

Im hoping rick draper will be ready by then as im now bored of winning and his car should wipe the floor with me, always nicer finishing second or worse as it gives you room for improvement, from finishing first the only place you can move to is downwards, LOL.

Chip

Dpnova
24-05-04, 10:14 AM
Any time will be good i cant wait to do it again LOL

Chip_RB
24-05-04, 10:17 AM
Does everyone want to be at the pod again, or would people be happier with avon park?

Personally id prefer avon park as its closer to me, but ill go wherever suits the majority.

Chip

Jim
24-05-04, 10:22 AM
LOL, calm down chip. Let everyone get over there sunburn before you start organising the event again.

Jim

Chip_RB
24-05-04, 10:26 AM
Nah, gotta strike while the enthusiasm is still there.

Besides the sooner we get it organised the better chance people have of project managing their car builds to be there in time.

Chip

CP
24-05-04, 10:28 AM
Well we have a fortnight b4 PV........ :D

Chip_RB
24-05-04, 10:37 AM
Not sure if my car will be ready by then, got a few changes i want to make, no point running it again at the same spec.

good luck to all who go though, i KNOW that willturbo will soon be beating my 13.3, lets hope a few others from this site can too.

Chip

NovaNeil
24-05-04, 12:47 PM
I like the idea of Avon Park. Its still pretty much central (midlands) and would be a nice change of scenary. Especially as quite a few people I know will be attending PV and USC (in August) at the Pod, so lets do something different.... Anyone else fancy it?

Neil

Stuart
24-05-04, 01:42 PM
hmm late august ;)

could be good.

Tazzy
24-05-04, 01:59 PM
august will be good, ill be able to come along, by then i should have the car up and running and have a better more flexible job! :D

still gonna be driving the piddly 1.2 though! :(

Stuart
24-05-04, 02:25 PM
ps we ARE having a 1.2 class, i dont give a flying feck what anyone says :p

no 1600 and under syle of class, ie all seperate :p

Alex
24-05-04, 02:29 PM
:lol:

benji
24-05-04, 03:41 PM
21st onward's in august is no good for me. any other time then i will be there. 1st weekend in sept??? where's avon park

DUNOVA.
24-05-04, 04:53 PM
Is it just valvers that run :?: Can't SR's go up against SR's :?:

Stuart
24-05-04, 05:07 PM
it was a mixed bag of cars, but some people thought that the classes should ahve been 1700cc and under (N/A and FOrced (inc nos) ) and so on

hence why the next one will be classed properly.

you may not race an SR Vs SR but your time will be put in the SR class, if you get my drift

Chip_RB
24-05-04, 05:12 PM
There is NO WAY its going to work if we introduce even more classes, there were already too many, as each site has some classes with NO cars in it, which is totally pointless.

I think next time we should just ignore the classes and not worry about an overal winner and just post all the results with an RB or NL next to them in time order and leave it at that, people can then see themselves how they did against equivalent cars.

And if anyone does run slicks (ie they arent a road car anymore) we'll just list those seperately after as this is a road car event.

Chip

Stuart
24-05-04, 05:20 PM
I think next time we should just ignore the classes and not worry about an overal winner and just post all the results with an RB or NL next to them in time order and leave it at that, people can then see themselves how they did against equivalent cars.

since you "won" on sunday there is no point going for an overall fastest anymore? oh how noble of you

oh and Rallying should ditch classes, and so should all other motorsport to conform to the "new" rules ;)

karl Rowntree
24-05-04, 05:59 PM
I think you do need to calm down abit chip, read your words on mig and i know you dont like some of the lads on there but i felt what you wrote was taking the mickey out of the other lads that run. Maybe i am wrong and mis understood you?

All this talk of categories and who won who didnt, i think its getting abit to much. I for one went to meet a few new faces and ended up meeting many sound members. I would rather we all meet up every few months at the pod just for the laugh.

Like i say, not having a rant so dont get upset by my comments :wink:

Karl

Chip_RB
24-05-04, 06:55 PM
On mig my attitude was very much "i told you so" because i did, lol.

But no mate, im not obsessed by winning or anything like that, im looking forward to getting my arse handed to me by rich draper, i love fast cars, so losing to one is always a pleasure.

The reason i think we should abolish classes is that they just didnt work, there are hardly any smaller engine cars on RB so we end up losing half the categories by having no one in them and you guys lost the 2.0 turbo category the same way, there just simply arent enough team members to justify so many classes, we only had about 8 entrants in total.

i think just making it a day out to have a laugh is the best bet and sod worrying about who wins or not.

At the end of the day, when i race its me vs the clock, im not too bothered what other people run.

Chip

Ian
24-05-04, 07:52 PM
classes can work if done properly and the date is set right for a good turnout, like the last nova shootout we had in total vaux, imo 2 weeks before the biggest vauxhall show of the year was a badly chosen date

Dan
24-05-04, 09:07 PM
mine might not be in a state to run by end of summer, but if it is i will come and just point it at the clocks from the carpark as they will prob flash up a 14.9 @ 92mph just by the sight of it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CP
24-05-04, 09:24 PM
Lol at Dan - what you need is NOS mate lol :lol:

Jim
24-05-04, 09:37 PM
September is awkward for me, and i definatley want to attend and run at the next meeting!

Jim

scott.parker
24-05-04, 09:53 PM
Think the end of august is a good idea,and i think that Neil has a good point to,the drag strip at shakespear county raceway is better then the pod,but not used as much for shows,just mainly top fule drag,and when i have gone there on a RWYB day you got as many runs as you want for ?12,was great,but then i would say bring it too this one as its only five mins down the road for me.. :lol: :D

but it's a good drag strip,so think it would make a change form the pod..

scott

dan_mk1
24-05-04, 11:03 PM
ill be on holiday :(
who knows, my nova might be a valver by then!? :wink:

Jim
25-05-04, 11:25 AM
Chip, i don't think it'll be too bad introducing more classes. If most of the RB guys have 2.0 conversions, then thats just the way it is unfortunatley. Just like we might have more smaller engines with only 8v's.

Remember, this is something that everyone will want to take part in. Even though we're not handing out prizes or awards, there is an element of pride involved.

If the 1.2's are put in the same class as the 1.4's chances are your not going to get many 1.2 drivers attending as statistcally most of them won't stand a chance (I said "most of them" cambridge ;)).

Don't worry though Chip, I'm sure you'll still be at the top with a very impressive time of 13.3. You've laid down the gauntlet...

Jim

Rick Draper
25-05-04, 04:01 PM
Mine might be done for september, needs a good mapping session with ATC when its done though. Rick

DUNOVA.
25-05-04, 04:21 PM
it was a mixed bag of cars, but some people thought that the classes should ahve been 1700cc and under (N/A and FOrced (inc nos) ) and so on

hence why the next one will be classed properly.

you may not race an SR Vs SR but your time will be put in the SR class, if you get my drift

I get you,I thought you raced 1 on 1 :roll: