PDA

View Full Version : POD Today

DUNOVA.
23-05-04, 04:54 PM
Any pics from pod :D

TUBZGSXR
23-05-04, 05:41 PM
no pics but was a good day, the red 1.6 turbo with white speedlines was very fast, very impresive for a 1.6! drag cars were well noisey as usual! an my gear linkage decided to play up on 2day of all days :evil: so no runs for me :cry: typical...........
but apart from that it was a good turn out, realy busy......

Mel
23-05-04, 06:44 PM
It was an absolutely fantastic day. Great weather, great cars, great times!

I will have the pics uploaded tomorrow cause my dad's computer (which has all the digi cam stuff on) is broke :lol:

I got sunburnt (again lol) and am deaf from all the drag cars, but what a brill day :wink:

Philsutton
23-05-04, 07:26 PM
ah it was a good day, met lots of people. Shame my car was being a t**t an not getting the right times best i got was a 16.3. I think that engine is gonna be taken out very soon.
My car died on the way home, plus the engine in the justnovas van died on the way down there.

Dpnova
23-05-04, 07:42 PM
I have sundburn and the videos are crap but i enjoyed myself :D

Stuart
23-05-04, 07:46 PM
was superb. my first trip to pod lol

helped the trailer queen unload lol

dan and chris t had very first run of the day lol

dan - mr consistent of 14.9..... lots

fair play mr determination award goes to Benji who simply couldnt nip the 15.99999999999999 he wanted :) nice one buddy.

and neils turbo, class and the battle damage makes it look like a proper used car :D

ill ge tpics and charles should ahve the times later

Dpnova
23-05-04, 07:47 PM
By the way my best time was 16.44 in my standard gte :D :D some of the novas were awsome

Stuart
23-05-04, 07:51 PM
who had the green alien in the back seat? was white nova.

phazer
Excellent day, very sunburnt face!!! My ears are still numb from those mental drag motors. You gotta respect a 6.5 sec trip up the strip :o

Managed to get the launch control near spot on (though more to play with yet), which led to the time I've been aiming for: 14.9 mmmmmm jobs a good 'un :D 8)

Nice to meet a few of you too.....

Phil

Dpnova
LMFAO that was ME

Mel
23-05-04, 07:55 PM
lol yeah Denny ya wally..

Was a niiiiice GTE. :wink:

Stuart
23-05-04, 07:55 PM
cool. well atleast we now have a std gte/gsi "bogey" time for our reference.

Philsutton
23-05-04, 07:56 PM
an you almost had dans clio :D

Dpnova
23-05-04, 07:56 PM
why thank you :D

Stuart
23-05-04, 07:57 PM
dan offered it to me to take down the strip, i declined the offer due to the car being french :D

Philsutton
23-05-04, 07:58 PM
wise choice :lol:

Dpnova
23-05-04, 08:00 PM
LMFAO i left a fiesta for dead which made me a very happy man, was on a 1.25 i think :oops: :oops:

Philsutton
23-05-04, 08:01 PM
ah that dont matter, the thing is you beat a fiesta.

Dpnova
23-05-04, 08:02 PM
an you almost had dans clio :D

I thought that at first but when we finished there was nearly 1 sec difference :cry: :evil:

Mel
23-05-04, 08:03 PM
When you's ran the second time tho Denny there wasnt much in it at all.

Dpnova
23-05-04, 08:13 PM
dan offered it to me to take down the strip, i declined the offer due to the car being french :D

You should have run yours at the end, would have amde for some great pics

karl Rowntree
23-05-04, 09:10 PM
I had a brilliant day, weather was amazing and met loads of top people :wink:

As for my car, what can i say. The car was brilliant, just a shame about the driver! :lol: Just couldnt stop it spinning when normally i can get off the line really well. At least i learnt alot and now know what ive got to do to the car. ie gearbox and diff, new drive shafts and hubs, then maybe just maybe i wont drive like a lord and 13's here we come.

Best time i got was a 14. 733 at 99.53 mph. Best reaction time was 0.254.

My best race was with neil, nice one mate thats one quick car you have there :wink: Managed to beat him up until third gear, missed the gear and bye bye karl. Oh well maybe do better at PV.

Good to have met you all though didnt really get chance to talk as much as i would of liked.

Karl

Dpnova
23-05-04, 09:11 PM
Ive got a few pics of your car - the bonnet for the last run LOL

NovaNeil
23-05-04, 09:20 PM
Hi guys,

Cheers for the comments about my car. It seemed the "Battle Damage" got quite a bit of attention.... don't know why... it looked a right mess :oops:

I would like to say big thankyou to everyone that I spoke today. I met so many of you and it was great to chat. Cheers to Breeny for selling me his tints and finding me and my mates a Mc Donalds on the way back :D Top bloke!

Jim your car is going to be amazing! Good luck putting it back together. I can't wait to see the end result!

I ran a PB of 14.1 in the end, but there is defo a sub 14secs run in her :twisted: I never got "the perfect run" and the car isn't set up proper yet. so watch this space.

Also well done to Dan. Everytime he ran it was like a broken record on repeat. 14.9...... 14.9......14.9 and you guessed it 14.9. Great time mate! Especially for the money you've spent on it.

Thanks again to everyone who popped along and I look forward to seeing you all at PV in two weeks.

Neil

karl Rowntree
23-05-04, 09:28 PM
:lol: Bit of an experiment taking the bonnet off! Thought it would get more air in and lose a bit of weight but it only made my time slower! The extra weight of the bonnet i think actually helped keep the front end on the ground as it lifted alot without.

Cant wait to watch the video of me and oli with our bonnets off, must of sounded good.

Dpnova
23-05-04, 09:31 PM
We were at the finish line when you both ran it looked and sounded mad

loggyboy
23-05-04, 09:35 PM
So do we have the full results class by class and/or car by car??

Dan
23-05-04, 09:35 PM
grrr at the figure 14.9 and 92 lmfao. ho hum spose we will have to wait and see what happens next year. Very good day all round, met alot of new faces and i think almost everyone improved their times a small bit (or a big bit in some cases) . The biggest suprise of the day has to go to chip who at first did a standard run due to the lack of nitrous, but when he got it fitted he showed what it can do when fitted.

Thanks to everyone who made the effort to arrive, join in and make it such a good day.

NovaNeil
23-05-04, 09:37 PM
Karl, on Oli's car he ran a 14.4 straight away when the bonnet was off, and then a 14.3 I think. Which was 0.1 and 0.2 quicker with it on. Weird... Some must like it others not, but yes I heard you two crossing the line :D :D 8) Lets just say it was Mmmmm Nice!!!!! Two very distinct noises both about the same volume.

Im glad you missed the gear :twisted: , cause you really did have me worried, You had an awesome start and put a full car length on me. You car is easily low 14's! You just need a little help putting that 200bhp on the road :wink: and not up into the sky as tyre smoke :lol:

Neil

Stuart
23-05-04, 09:45 PM
one extreme to the other, charles had too much grip, and keith/chris/others didnt have enough.

when will you kids learn lol

loggyboy
23-05-04, 09:50 PM
charles had too much grip,
How can you have too much grip??

Breeny
23-05-04, 09:50 PM
Excellent day guys, nice meeting everyone again. Well done to everyone for making a cracking day out 8)

I've got some pics (Just uploading now) Got some videos too but there not very good quality I'm afraid!

Roll on PV! :D

Kruger
23-05-04, 10:00 PM
Sunburnt and sore :oops: good to meet quite a few people and put names to faces, I was in the scabby looking red/pink nova star.

Well happy with a 14.56 in my red/pink rust bucket, got loads of pics that I'll upload later, got a few videos too if anyones got any space to upload them to.

Kev

karl Rowntree
23-05-04, 10:01 PM
Cheers for the words neil, cant wait til i get it in the low 14's mate. Did enjoy the race with oli, quite evenly matched cars at the mo i think though i think both of us have a few things we want to do to the cars.

As for yours mate 13's at PV i am hoping for you mate. You going to try and get it set up properly?

So many people i didnt realise were there and so many cars i didnt get to see run! Thats the que for your. Like you Breeny, didnt realise who you were till we were ready to leave mate! Will hopefully get to talk more at pv

Karl

CP
23-05-04, 10:54 PM
charles had too much grip,
How can you have too much grip??

well it takes special skills which only i'm stupid enough to have lol.

what can i say - i'm just a natural :lol:

anyway - well done everyone - team NL put up a good strong perfromance and we all had a really good social :D 8)

benji
23-05-04, 11:20 PM
lol @ cambridge. i did 6 runs after 4.30 and i got 16.1, 3 times in a row. :cry: my first run of the day was my fastest, and that was 16.066 @ 83mph. i also had the last run of the day at 17:57. on my own aswell.

it was a great day, especialy after pulling up at my mate's house at 7am and filling the street with smoke/steam from my exhaust, i was surprised to get down there, nevermind running 9 times. :D

it was nice to meet some new people, not just off this site but also random people who were lining up. (apart from the 2 porsche turbo owner's who wouldn't lower themself's to talking to a nova owner, twat's)

and another good note. my mate ran a 13.9 twice in his standard uk spec scooby

ben.

Breeny
23-05-04, 11:22 PM
lol well done Benji... saw a few of your runs, just couldn't quite make it into the 15's.. :( With a bit of tweaking maybe next time!

Here are the pics I took, sorry for the size...

http://www.breeny.co.uk/pod/dscf0079.jpg

Just change the number at the end... theres a few missing.. but goes upto 156 :)

benji
23-05-04, 11:28 PM
i think breeny was one of the few still there when i left.

why didn't you run mate?

dan_mk1
23-05-04, 11:53 PM
was an absolutely awsome day, had a great day and cant wait to get down there again, preferably when theres less of a que! :?

met loadsa people, was good to put names to faces, well impressed with neils turbo, bloody awsome!

benji
24-05-04, 12:12 AM
who else has a sunburnt nose?

dan_mk1
24-05-04, 12:28 AM
lol, im as red as beetroot!
cant be as red as phil for getting beat by a french car tho eh!?
:lol: :wink:

benji
24-05-04, 12:37 AM
who beat phil??

did anyone see the red 106 rally. it had a tuned 1.6 16v gti engine in it and was stripped. was getting some good times

Jonlem
24-05-04, 12:59 AM
Quality day in the end, I was a bit dissapointed about having to wait an hour b4 each run but nearer the end of the day the cars were getting round faster.

Afetr having major trouble finding 3rd gear, we decided to use the "force it in gear technique!" this paid off and i got the car down to a 14.1 best, my 2nd only ever run in this car! and Rob ran a 13.8 in the last few minutes of the day :) We hoped to get in the 13's, we were only running .6 bar boost all day, and I've got a million other reasons why I didn't think it would do a 13 ie suspension,diff, but it came through in the end, maybe due to some cooler air, but either way its a 13 sec car now.

Looking forward to PV show, should be some good times being set, if its not too warm!

loggyboy
24-05-04, 01:29 AM
I was a lil disapointed with the fact it was a RWYB day and there were that many pro drag cars there. I thought RWYB were road legal cars only. It is nice to see em as theyre so fuckin crazy, but i came to run my car, not watch dragsters, id have come to a normal meet if i had wanted to watch them.
Espcially wen it takes them about 5-10mins per run and ours take about 30 seconds, even more so when they blow up and it takes 40mins to clear up the mess they leave behind... :roll:

Dpnova
24-05-04, 08:01 AM
who beat phil??

did anyone see the red 106 rally. it had a tuned 1.6 16v gti engine in it and was stripped. was getting some good times

He killed me in my second run :lol:

Stanton
24-05-04, 09:04 AM
haha - sum good pics there breeny, got bored durin the day and took pics of the gurls instead eh?

:lol:

neils 1600t looks hard as nail there with the scars

Chip_RB
24-05-04, 09:04 AM
Had an excellent day out, good to meet you lads.

We'll get together all the times from our site so we can work out the final winners.

Ive won the 2.0 turbo category and the anything goes category as far as im aware, but i think you lot probably won every other category as you had some awesome N/A cars there on carbs and TB's

Chip

Stanton
24-05-04, 09:07 AM
and wtf was goin on with those 3 wheelers????

a viking boat and a thunderbirds sub??!?!?!?

Rusty 16v
24-05-04, 09:07 AM
Nose? How does my entire fecking face and neck sound?

OOOWWW!!!!!!

Dpnova
24-05-04, 09:08 AM
Same here, i have really bad t-shirt marks :oops: :oops:

Chip_RB
24-05-04, 09:19 AM
Yep, face and neck and arms big time.

Stuart
24-05-04, 09:38 AM
and wtf was goin on with those 3 wheelers????

a viking boat and a thunderbirds sub??!?!?!?

not a viking boat, try chitty chitty bang bang.

my face is all warm lol

Dpnova
24-05-04, 09:41 AM
The reliants were nearly as funny aswatching the mopeds run

Jim
24-05-04, 10:03 AM
Was a really good day. There were plenty of really nice novas and some putting in great times.

Neil, cheers for your comments. It should be on the road at some point, just not sure when, lol. Your car is amazing for a 1.6. If I remembered correctly you got 14.1 on more than 1 occasion. Nice one. Will be very impresive if you can get into the 13's. Good luck :)

Karl, was good to see an immaculate car getting so much abuse :)

Glad to see Chris T getting into the 13's.

Saw lots of others, but cant remember them all.

Breeny and I came to the same conclusion...we both want our cars back on the road, lol.

Jim

P.S. I'm sunburnt too, lol :oops:

Breeny
24-05-04, 11:31 AM
haha - sum good pics there breeny, got bored durin the day and took pics of the gurls instead eh?

neils 1600t looks hard as nail there with the scars

LOL sorry... My mind wandered onto other things when they were cleaning all the shite off the track left by a dragster blowing up..

I am turning nicely brown today 8)

padge
24-05-04, 12:42 PM
Quality day, Well chuffed with me time especially since me car has only got a couple of mild performance mods, karls valver has defo got more speed in it cus i saw it lauch off the line against neils 1.6t, wounda that you missed the gear later on. Defo sub 14 second 1/4 for neil's 1.6t in the future as well, it used to nail my valver in high boost when it was properly set up.

NovaNeil
24-05-04, 12:44 PM
Nice pics there Breeny! :lol: I see you got some pics of the countryside too :D

Padge you need NOS! Especially after seeing what Chips did!!!! 15.1 without and 13.3 with! and that was only 50bhp! WOW! :twisted:

Jim
24-05-04, 12:47 PM
Did anyone else see the Nova beat the skyline? Or did i imagine it? :o

Jim

Chip_RB
24-05-04, 01:06 PM
The nova who beat the skyline was my mate Will from roybacer who came second overall.

I was on a lot more than 50bhp of nitrous in the end, that was just what i was expecting to be running possibly when i posted the spec of my car for the entry.

Jim
24-05-04, 01:13 PM
The nova who beat the skyline was my mate Will from roybacer who came second overall.

Thought it was that Nova.

Do we know anything about the Skyline? Was it just modded externally, or did the driver f**k up? (Not that I want to take away this achievment from Will)

Jim

Stuart
24-05-04, 01:41 PM
i asked on mig, as the skyline is from roundmy way (well letchworth to be exact lol)

its more or less standard engine wise. but hes got tuning bits on the way

Philsutton
24-05-04, 01:53 PM
i never raced a french car, unless that wierd thing i raced at the end was but i beat that anyway.......just. :D

karl Rowntree
24-05-04, 06:25 PM
Cheers Jim, was good to get the car out again to be honest. Plan to enjoy it this year mate even if it does mean blowing it up! :lol:

Padge, your car was amazing mate, 14.5! top run fella. If i dont get a low 14 at pv think i will give you my car keys you will probably do a 13 in it :lol:

Karl

Chip_RB
24-05-04, 06:52 PM
Karl were you the one i beat on my last run, with my knackered clutch making me run a rather dodgy 13.6?

If so, nice meeting you mate, if not err, ignore me im on about the wrong person!

Dpnova
24-05-04, 06:54 PM
Who was the bloke that asked me if i had wills old car :?

Kruger
24-05-04, 07:04 PM
The other skyline that was there (black with red three spokes) only run a best of 14.7, he looked pissed off after me telling him that I got a 14.5, but he was a sound bloke and was telling how he used to love his cavalier turbo that he had before the skyline, :D

Was talking to him and he said it was 260 bhp standard and that he's spent quite a bit on a new intercooler, exhaust, chip, boost controller, ignition controller etc etc etc, I then thought I'd rub it in a bit more by saying mine dont even owe me ?500, :lol:

I ran against it near the end of the day, and I think nerves got to me, my mate was filming this aswell and I fluffed second gear, but he still only got a 15.1 and I still got a 15.4

karl Rowntree
24-05-04, 07:09 PM
Chip, my car was the red 2L on 45's. The one with no bonnet on.

CP
24-05-04, 10:37 PM
No bonnet Karl! You shud be ashamed turning up in such a rough old piece of tat you hadnt even bothered to put a bonnet on to :lol:

Seriously your car was IMO by far and away the cleanest best looking Nova there. Class! :D

Think NL also won best turned out car class as well. RB didnt thats for sure eh Chip? :P

scott.parker
24-05-04, 11:00 PM
Breeny what this pic all about,lol :lol:

http://www.breeny.co.uk/pod/dscf0118.jpg

did you really ge tso bored? :D

scott

karl Rowntree
24-05-04, 11:15 PM
:lol: The majority of people in the picture above are nova owners i think, well i spoke to most of them anyway.

The guys at the back were over from america i do believe. I only spoke to them because we qued for 40 minutes for a toasted sandwich!

P.S cheers CP glad you liked it mate, dont think its going to look that nice for long though. Whens the next track day! :wink:

dan_mk1
25-05-04, 12:00 AM
i cant wait for the next rwyb! need to sort out me launches....only got 3 runs which was a shame, funniest moment off the day was karl suddenly deciding he would take his bonnet off, never seen anyone move so fast in me life! lol

Dpnova
25-05-04, 07:25 AM
In that pic scott is 2 members of nl try to spot them, its like wheres wally LMFAO

clioooooo
25-05-04, 07:42 AM
Nose? How does my entire fecking face and neck sound?

OOOWWW!!!!!!

you may all have sunburn but who else was wearing a hat like me and has a white forehead with the rest of my face being bright red and very hot 24/7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The worst bit is its sooo obvious to everyone that i have been wearing a hat thanks to the big lines at the side of my head. QUALITY day though so the sunburn was worth it!!!!!!!!!
:D :lol: :wink:

dhdev (Oli)
25-05-04, 07:51 AM
cliooooooo!!! scotty b in the house. you don't mean integra on the way you mean nova on the way!!!

clioooooo
25-05-04, 07:55 AM
cliooooooo!!! scotty b in the house. you don't mean integra on the way you mean nova on the way!!!

OOOOOH S*** im on the wrong site!!!!! ive done it again!!!!!!!!!! haha!!!!!
Scotty B and Oli D in da house!!!!!!!!

:roll: :wink: :lol: 0X

Breeny
25-05-04, 10:38 AM
lol I was showing Chris how good the zoom was on that pic! Was taking a pic of the bird in the red.. We were all sat on the bank on the other side of the track!

scott.parker
25-05-04, 11:19 AM
lol I was showing Chris how good the zoom was on that pic! Was taking a pic of the bird in the red.. We were all sat on the bank on the other side of the track!

oh fair play then as it seams to be a good zoom if thats the case :D

scott

scott.parker
25-05-04, 11:21 AM
In that pic scott is 2 members of nl try to spot them, its like wheres wally LMFAO

Well i see the girl who likes to show us her pussy on msn :lol:
but not sure on any one els mate..

scott

clioooooo
25-05-04, 11:23 AM

scott

which one is that and what is the web address???? :wink:

scott.parker
25-05-04, 11:29 AM

scott

which one is that and what is the web address???? :wink:

:lol: :lol:
Mel dont kill me(just spank me at pv :lol: )

Stuart
25-05-04, 12:31 PM
ha, your just getting a spanking, im getting bitten too ;)

oh and that zooooooom is superb ;)

Mel
27-05-04, 08:11 PM
you gits!!! :oops:

Yes that is a (BAD!) pic with me in..Breeny you coulda at least have waitied till i was lookin ur way :lol:

But like already said, fantastic zoom..what cam was u using?

Jules
28-05-04, 09:39 AM

Reaaalllyy...................

RoyBacer is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:roll:

clioooooo
28-05-04, 11:35 AM

FCUK YOU YA TWAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll: :D :lol: 8) :wink:

Jim
28-05-04, 11:54 AM

FCUK YOU YA t**t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:roll: :D :lol: 8) :wink:

Talking like a nob, abusing senior members...your going the right if you want to get banned.

Jim

clioooooo
28-05-04, 11:57 AM
oh no please dont ban me from a site where people drive really old cars and spend too much money on them cos they are crazy and have more money than sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Col_Mk1
28-05-04, 12:38 PM
roybacer that way>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>..

Breeny
28-05-04, 12:44 PM
Whoops.. my finger slipped.. what a shame eh.

He's probably a pikey who cant afford to mod his 1.0 clio bar some nice 5 spoke alloy wheel trims, neon washer jets and a sunstrip.. 8)

Jules
28-05-04, 01:00 PM
Oohh I feel really guilty now.....................oh, my mistake, that's actually the feeling of me pishing myself laughing!!!!

Stuart
28-05-04, 01:24 PM
breeny you fcuk, I wanted that pleasure lol

Chip_RB
28-05-04, 03:29 PM
No bonnet Karl! You shud be ashamed turning up in such a rough old piece of tat you hadnt even bothered to put a bonnet on to :lol:

Seriously your car was IMO by far and away the cleanest best looking Nova there. Class! :D

Think NL also won best turned out car class as well. RB didnt thats for sure eh Chip? :P

Depends on which cars you compare, there were more cars from NL to choose from of course, wills purple nova turbo on our site is pretty mint though, but in the main the RB lads prefer driving their cars to licking their windows clean, just think if mine wasnt covered in mud i might have kicked all your arses even harder, LOL

Seriously though, the NL boys certainly put on a good show in terms of how to prepare their cars nicely.

Chip

Chip_RB
28-05-04, 03:31 PM
The clio lot are a funny bunch, there was a picture being proudly shown round of a clio with a 2.0 16v engine and a small nitrous kit and they were all banging on about what an amazing sleeper it was and owuld eat anything for breakfast etc.
I was just sat there laughing at them cause my totally standard looking C plate nova would piss all over it anyway. (13.3 @ 109.8 mph for my car before you start shouting your mouth off clio boy)

Chip

Jim
28-05-04, 04:48 PM
(13.3 @ 109.8 mph for my car before you start shouting your mouth off clio boy)

Chip

Think he's been banned Chip, but you never know, he might still have heard ya ;)

Jim

Chip_RB
28-05-04, 05:03 PM
banned?

God you NL lot are a funny bunch, on RB we view people like that as good sport and have excellent fun discussing their mothers with them etc.

Stuart
28-05-04, 05:09 PM
he wasnt really integrating in was he??

if he came on with some light hearted banter and not being a total gimp, then maybe he would have survived.

there are pleanty of non nova owners etc on here, but you have to tow the line

Chip_RB
28-05-04, 05:14 PM
We'd have welcomed him on RB, as a new victim, such a waste he has gone now, dig out his email address from his profile and PM me it would you someone, and ill start a thread on RB slagging clios and see if the soppy twat takes the bait or not when i email him the link, LOL

Jim
28-05-04, 05:32 PM
God you NL lot are a funny bunch, on RB we view people like that as good sport and have excellent fun discussing their mothers with them etc.

Funny lot? No, we just have better things to do than read abuse from pre-pubic non nova owners.

Jim