PDA

View Full Version : ...Rolled it, Goodbye Nova, Lucky as...(now with pics)

Barn
22-05-04, 01:15 PM
Well, last night I rolled my Nova big style... went over a good few times.
best thing I wasn't even speeding.
duno what happened but I think I either clipped something in the gutter (there is no gutter though where it hapened it is just grass with rocks in it right next to the road, its a rockface)...or the wheels 'went' on the surface...I really don't know.

What an experiance though and one I don't want to have again or worse for that matter. If I had any advice to give to anyone now it would be WEAR YOUR SEATBELT coz last night it saved my life no doubt.

If I didn't have it on I would have been stuck between the bonnet and the floor (car landed on its roof). Can't believe how lucky I have been to be honest. My eyes were open the whole time and I remember what it was like when the car was rolling...bad. When the car had stopped, I remember I was hanging solely by my seatbelt so I un-did that, fell onto the windscreen, crawled across it, pulled the door pin (down) lol, and pushed the door open and got out.

I was not shaking or anything, then I remembered ignition was still on so I ran back over to the car grapped my keys and my mobile (lol) turned the CD player off and stood across the road waiting for the police and ambulance. Oh, and took a photo with my phone, lol

And as it goes the main eye-witness was a friend (girl) I aint seen for a few years and we used to be good mates, lol, couldn't f ucking believe it.
And there were only about 4 or 5 eye-witnesses.

Then spent 6 hours up casualty with my neck and got some Pain killers etc

Now got to sort the rest of the stuff out (get the car back etc) but f uck that I don't care how much it cost or anything...its only a car in it...

The state of the car and where it was/the car landed etc I'm lucky to be still breathing I think

:roll:

Dpnova
22-05-04, 01:18 PM
Shit, at least your ok which is the main thing

epo
22-05-04, 01:49 PM
shit like denny said least ur ok

i totally agree with u about the seat belts i always wear mine + the fact there ?40 each harness and they look trick as fook

sorry to hear bout ur car

TWAG
22-05-04, 01:58 PM
Harsh as f**k mate!

At least your ok! Makes you think.....

HEVY-nova
22-05-04, 02:11 PM
S hit mate thats awful. at least your okay though thats the main thing, car is only a piece of metal as you say. it puzzles me how you managed to roll the thing if you weren't speeding and there was no gutter or anything. is it possible that you blew a tyre or something?

Just shows how imporant seatbelts are, they'd have been scraping you off the road if you were'nt waering one.

namkeaps
22-05-04, 03:06 PM
wow

sorry to hear about that mate

glad to hear you are okay though!

DUNOVA.
22-05-04, 06:00 PM
Shit mate sorry to hear that good thing is your ok :!: I would'nt like to experienc something like that,Hope I never do.

-Bruce-
22-05-04, 06:06 PM
sorry to hear that barney!! good that you and knowbody else was hurt. and i totaly agree with you on the seat belt thing. they are ther for a purpose, your a fool if you dont wear one!!

bruce

srs1
22-05-04, 06:10 PM
well done on surviveing mate.

from the sounds of the crash you are very lucky.

Riggy
22-05-04, 06:19 PM
yeah fuckin hell mate i thought i had a bad day lol glad your ok

ada_nova_gsi91
22-05-04, 06:24 PM
send some pics
:(

Mel
22-05-04, 07:40 PM
wow..glad you're alright & hope you aint hurtin too bad.

Very lucky to be alive by the sounds of it, so better get prayin to thank ur guardian angel for being there to save u..

Barn
22-05-04, 08:03 PM
thanks for the kind words lads and ladies...

i was thanking all my guardian angels I tell you.

heres a small pic off my phone you can make it out, will try and get some more.

I'll be back online later, got to go out a min...

http://img8.photobucket.com/albums/v28/==>Bar/nOvAlOAd/BarnCrash1Small_1.jpg

Mel
22-05-04, 08:20 PM

Feckin hell :o

Adam
22-05-04, 10:32 PM
thanks for the kind words lads and ladies...

i was thanking all my guardian angels I tell you.

heres a small pic off my phone you can make it out, will try and get some more.

I'll be back online later, got to go out a min...

Fcuk me Barney,
you are lucky to be alive, what happened, did you just clip something in the road and it sent the car over. Is that a hill in the background of the picture, did you roll down that, bloody hell mate, glad your OK :roll:
Have you got just standard seat belts and seats or harnesses and buckets in your car.

_JH_
23-05-04, 12:33 AM
where did you do that?

Barn
23-05-04, 01:16 AM
i know,i am lucky...

no that is the cliff-face right next to the road that is...think I clipped something in the 'gutter' and that flipped the car.

the car must have went right over as the car is facing back down the road i was coming up. mad. lucky I landed on the same side too as literally 10 yards from where the car is in the pic there is a seriously blind bend and I would have been well f ucked if I had.

just got (had) normal 13-year-old seat belts and seats !

Derek' happend down the Mumbles near Swansea...still cant' believe it :o :roll:

cooper_nova
23-05-04, 01:35 AM
:o :o
sorry to hear that mate ur a very lucky bloke!!!!

glad ur ok tho. and i totally agree wiv u about the whole seat belt thing too.

hope u have another nova up and running soon :)

srs1
23-05-04, 12:48 PM
after looking at your pic, and i always wear my seat belt (dont drive till pass does too)

i am buying harness's now!

~~joycey~~
23-05-04, 02:34 PM
lol, you lucky fucka :o

Adam
23-05-04, 08:58 PM
after looking at your pic, and i always wear my seat belt (dont drive till pass does too)
i am buying harness's now!

Harnesses and buckets are really gonna be the best protection from that sort of crash. Or of course a roll cage.

Barn
24-05-04, 07:16 PM
went down to see the car earlier in the recovery place... :o . What a state!
Wernt allowed to take any photos in the warehouse as they had loads of cars in there with fatality's and court cases pending etc so will try and get some tomorrow for you to have a look at when its outside.

do I have to tell my insurance company that the car is a write-off even though I am not going to claim? as I am planning on just transfering my policy onto my brothers 1.3L for the time being.

I am not going to claim as I will lose my 1 yrs no claims and I have ?500 excess !

Adam
24-05-04, 07:28 PM
You will have to tell them, but make sure you tell them you aren't claiming.

Dpnova
24-05-04, 07:32 PM
Thats bad

Dpnova
24-05-04, 07:32 PM
Thats bad

Aragorn
24-05-04, 11:16 PM
i wouldnt bother telling them

unless the police get involved there is no formal record of the incident

no point increasing your premium for nothing

Adam
25-05-04, 01:42 PM
If you tell them you wrote it off but made it clear that you are not claiming would they still increase your next insurance.

Alex
25-05-04, 02:30 PM
the record of you crashing a car would be so it probably would

Stuart
25-05-04, 02:39 PM
the road that goes up into the cliff a bit towards the pier??

ive had a few near misses down tehre in my time lol

Barn
25-05-04, 08:26 PM
yeh Stu, opposite the Big Apple shop.

Here are some pics taken today...

http://img8.photobucket.com/albums/v28/==>Bar/BarnsNova1_resized.jpg

http://img8.photobucket.com/albums/v28/==>Bar/nOvAlOAd/BarnsNova2_resized.jpg

http://img8.photobucket.com/albums/v28/==>Bar/nOvAlOAd/BarnsNova4_resized.jpg

cooper_nova
25-05-04, 08:29 PM
:o
u really woz lucky as f**K!!!!!!!!
:o :o :o

novahead
25-05-04, 10:37 PM
fuc*in lucky there m8, u could be with all the green people,right now glad to see your alright, gd luck on getin anouther car m8

kev!

novahead
25-05-04, 10:38 PM
well its still drive able lol!

namkeaps
25-05-04, 10:52 PM
it'll t-cut out ;)

joking aside mate you are damn lucky. glad to hear your okay!!

Stuart
25-05-04, 11:06 PM
a dab of body filler ;)

Adam
26-05-04, 09:31 AM
a dab of body filler ;)
And then no one will ever know,LOL> :lol:
Anyway mate you was well lucky, i don't think you cold do that again and walk away from it.

Barn
28-05-04, 02:21 PM
I know mate...I really don't think I could...

LOL @ cambridge

yeah a truck load of it!

m.d.
28-05-04, 10:51 PM
harsh. must have made you jump a bit. you could allways re shell it into a cheap 1.2 or something. then get it painted black again

epo
30-05-04, 08:34 PM
that looks well savage