PDA

View Full Version : FAO Richard Dale

Anonymous
11-07-01, 08:50 PM
on your website it says you have a aftermarket sunroof. Did you fit it yourself,
i want to put one in my nova but i'm not to keen on cutting the roof up

Anonymous
11-07-01, 11:20 PM
Yep...that's right, and YES, I did fit it myself!

It's a "Webasto TopSlider" taken from an old Proton, of all things!
It's the older version of the one fitted in Saxos, Clios, Pugs etc, where it tilts, then slides over the outside of the roof.

I'd already got a sunroof as standard, but it was a standard GM Tilt/Remove, and I wanted a slide/tilt, so this was my only real option.
All I had to do was cut the original hole in the roof, to a larger size (about 1 inch in every direction), and the make the corners more squared-off.

I then dropped it in, screwed in the securing bracket, fitted the internal cover and job done...well, almost. I also had the cut a hole in the handle-surround for the roof curtsey light, 'cos the surround covered the old light location, but that's it.

I've got pictures of doing this on my OLD nova site at this URL: http://freespace.virginnet.co.uk/rich.dale/NovaMain.htm

Take a look at the picture gallery, and see the pics right at the bottom of the page.

I'm going to be transferring some of my old pictures onto novabug soon, including the sunroof fitment pics...I may even do a guide!

It's a bit scary when you take the first cut, I have to admit, 'cos in the back of your mind, you're thinking "if I bodge this, I've fucked my shell!" but that's half the fun :D