PDA

View Full Version : How to tune a 1.0l engine, help needed!!!

pt_y2k
19-05-04, 10:17 PM
i have a 1.2 kadette engine in my corsa(see other corsa,Paul Twomey)it is exactly the same as a 1.0l. the car is raced under strict rules and engines must remain fairly standard. in what ways can i tune my engine to get better power, i have the head skimmed, k&n filter installed, new coil,plugs and leads all done! wat can i do? :?:

Big Box
19-05-04, 11:25 PM
I dont know about the rules, but maybe you could put a better carb on it, such as a Weber 32/34? Maybe a cam? Theres not much else I can think of that you havent already done, without major work! Nice little racecar by the way!

wisewood
20-05-04, 08:35 AM
you have a 1.2 ... that is exactly the same as the 1.0.... ..... ....

How is this possible? there's 200cc difference.

Will
20-05-04, 12:59 PM
:idea: :arrow: :|

Snowface
20-05-04, 06:29 PM
yeah the kadette did have a 1200 OHV pushrod engine.

Don't know much about tuning it. A decent exhaust will help.

_JH_
21-05-04, 01:09 AM
is it the OHV version?? no cam there then :lol:

either thats a private joke or your a bit confused lol

paul, what are the rules regarding the gearbox? can you change the final drive perhaps?

MechaT
21-05-04, 07:17 PM
I don't know the rules either but surely you can get the head flowed. Try Bill Blydenstein www.blydenstein.co.uk. He's ancient :!: so he'll be able to work your head and he might even know what to do with your engine

Will wrote:

is it the OHV version?? no cam there then
:roll: Some people on here could do with reading a few automotive books before they write stuff. Especially when it comes to turbos.
The cam is in the engine block.

nova_rally
21-05-04, 07:42 PM
What are you using it for? you could try getting it into a different class giving you a bit more freedom?

I'm guessing a good exhaust would probably be allowed as would maybe a worked head. :?:

Alan

pt_y2k
24-05-04, 10:47 PM
What are you using it for? you could try getting it into a different class giving you a bit more freedom?

I'm guessing a good exhaust would probably be allowed as would maybe a worked head. :?:

Alan

ya lads thanks for the help il see what i can do!!!

Stuart
25-05-04, 07:55 AM
as for wills comment on the "no cam there then"

i do belive he was meaning that none of the cam companies make performance cams for the 1.0/1.2 ohv push rod engines.

and yes he does need to read some books ;) lol

Will
25-05-04, 08:00 AM
as for wills comment on the "no cam there then"

i do belive he was meaning that none of the cam companies make performance cams for the 1.0/1.2 ohv push rod engines.

and yes he does need to read some books ;) lol

yes stu thats wot i meant u know me to well :D

Snowface
25-05-04, 06:11 PM
i'm sure thats what he meant :wink: