PDA

View Full Version : LiverPool Victoria insurance?

Jordi
19-05-04, 04:23 PM
I just want ppl's opinions on this company. i just been quoted ?217 for fully comp, no excess, 4yrs NCB + protected, me n my dad named drivers on my mini city.

I dont want a company who will declare it off road over a lil bum or a company that will take ages to do owt about a claim.

cheers

Ste_Nova
19-05-04, 04:28 PM
it's a mini.... it's scrap if you crack the headlight!

why not insure it in your own name and build up some ncd

also your dad can't insure your car.. thats fronting

Jordi
19-05-04, 04:32 PM
wot u mean? fronting?

Its gunna cost ?1300 for me to insurance it myself and go down somet like ?70 next year. wots point in wasting all that money, once i been driving 12months i can go on my dads company, motor traders policy and drive any car belonging to company or in companys keeping.

Alex
19-05-04, 04:36 PM
becasue technically it is illegal and so invalidates your insurance. You are lying to your insurance company telling them that your dad is the main driver and you as a named driver whereas you will be the main driver in reality.

Jordi
19-05-04, 04:38 PM
i never sed that i wasnt the main driver, did i? i sed "me and my dad are named drivers" on the policy.

And they seemed ok with it, talking to dad. Accepted his NCB's fine etc, gave us a quote and we sed we wud contact them after shopping and checking them out.

Alex
19-05-04, 04:44 PM
lol thats why i said technically. Most insurance companies let you get away with it, but you may have difficulties if you need to claim as it is upto you to tell them who is the main driver, not upto them to find out who is.
Saying that though, it is something that would be hard to prove.
At the end of the day they just want your money and they would rather take ?270 off you than nothing even though they may be able to argue later that you were not properly insured.

Dpnova
19-05-04, 04:45 PM
you should be able to get it cheaper for on your own, i think alot of people fronted there first year. i know i did :roll:

Jordi
19-05-04, 04:51 PM
well like i sed. I wont be needing the NCB's as i'm off on the motor traders / company policy next year, so i can drive the ford pickup, merc pickup and any car belonging to company.

Back on topic, anyone had any problems with LV? good, bad, anything?

The next cheapest i found is tesco with ?450 TPFT.

Dpnova
19-05-04, 04:52 PM
i was with LV for a while and had no trouble but then i didnt have to claim or anything

Alex
19-05-04, 04:56 PM
Im with them. They tried messing me around when i upgrading the engine but I got that sorted. The service and cover they offer seems to chage depending on who you speak to

Jephcott
19-05-04, 05:27 PM
thats bullshit if you got qouted ?1300 for a mini when i was 17 and i got qouted ?1100 for a vw golf 1.3 group 7 insurance and im fully comp on my own. anyway they are a good company but i had a crash in my golf and its now a write of when it probally could of been repaired thats why im on this site. im goin to get a nova with the claim money when it comes though. but any company will scrap most cars like a mini or golf because there not worth the hasel.

Dpnova
19-05-04, 06:08 PM
im sure a 1.3 golf isnt group 7 :?

Jephcott
19-05-04, 06:35 PM
if you go to parkers it will tell you golfs are very expensive. i dont no why because most of them are bags of shit. but ?1300 for a mini obviously he hasn't rang or got a qoute online i garrentee on his own about ?700 at the most.

Jordi
19-05-04, 06:41 PM
actually i have looked all over, the only decent company, with terms and conditions and cover i was happy with was ?1300.

Other companies got it down to about ?900, but they have mileage limits or wouldnt accept future mods etc.

This aint about my insurance dealings, its about reviews on a insurance company.

Will
19-05-04, 06:42 PM
if you go to parkers it will tell you golfs are very expensive. i dont no why because most of them are bags of s**t. but ?1300 for a mini obviously he hasn't rang or got a qoute online i garrentee on his own about ?700 at the most.

hello boring old me

stop talking out your backside it depends where u live and lots of other things plus the fact insurance is rising every single day FACT!

1300 is the harsh relaity of todays insurance for 17 yr olds

laters