PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Loom: 1.2i MK2 into 1.4SR mk1

Paul
19-05-04, 03:44 PM
I have a mk1 SR, the dash is mk2, so instead of having it all done on a baodge, i thought i would jus put in a mk2 loom, so there arent loads of joins behind the dash.

What I need to know is, I have cut the looms, and am going to join them where the big bulk of wires goes through to the engine bay from the passenger side. I have also kept the original wires that go off down u nder the passenger plastic door sill.

What colour wires are the engine ones on the mk1 sr loom, and the same question for the 1.2i mk2 loom.

And is there a fuel pump wire? Because I have tried to start my car, and it wont fire uip, not spraking, or not getting petrol thorugh...

I have just connected a few wires, by colour, is that the way to do it?

Cheers for any help,
Paul

geordie_racer
20-05-04, 10:57 AM
engine wires are the same color on both looms. the 1.4sr doesn't have a fuel pump wire, it uses a mechanical pump on the head so i assume you have reran the fuel pipes through it? all you need to connect up is,

alternator
battery
starter motor
switched live to carb
coil/ignition setup(need to use the 1.4 coil etc.)

think thats everything to get it started then the rest of the wires you'll need are for the dash display and in car electrics.

chris

Paul
20-05-04, 04:37 PM
Ok, I have binned the 1.2i loom idea, and now I am just going to sort out my 1.4 loom. I am going to solder on all the mk2 plugs onto the mk1 loom, and I decided to cut the big bulk of wires that go up under the passenger side of the dash- clever boy. lol. So my car won't start, I think the battery is dead. What colour are the engine wires, any idea?

geordie_racer
21-05-04, 10:11 AM
engine wires, iirc correctly are,

blue/white alternator
big red to battery
browns to earths at alternator and passenger chassis leg
red/black to starter motor
brown to starter motor
black/yellow to carb if pierburg
coil wiring

think thats all the wiring to get the car started then you'll have other wires like green/blue for the oil pressure switch

hope that helps
chris