PDA

View Full Version : got caught

terrible___1
19-05-04, 11:05 AM
i got caught last nite drivin on a 30mph road at 70mph.The f**king police were up some side road. :cry:

hopfully i just get points and a fine but the copper said i might loose my licence :cry:

Stuart
19-05-04, 11:23 AM
double the limit, bye bye licence.

ps, stupid boy for speeding in a 30 :D

hendrix
19-05-04, 11:31 AM
my mate did that in his paxo. lost his licence and had 2 retake test :roll:
still shouldnt really do 70 in a 30zone.

Dpnova
19-05-04, 11:37 AM
70's a bit quick for a 30 you still coming to the pod on sunday

Jules
19-05-04, 12:16 PM
That'll teach ya - should of known better.
No sympathy at all.

Sounds like the police were doing their job correctly.

DUNOVA.
19-05-04, 12:21 PM
Unlucky mate :roll: How long you had your licence :?:

Gazza14SR
19-05-04, 12:22 PM
I got 6 points & ?355 fine for 60mph in a 30 zone.

So i would of thought you will get worse. I had to retake test & theory but that was only cuz i had not been driving over 2 years to have the full 12 points.

I feel for you mate cuz i've been there.

Just gotta learn from your mistakes and drive sensibly. Oh yeah, your insurance will increase dramatically.

Mine went up by about ?350. But that was acouple of years back now so its come back down slightly.

Chin up.

Gazza14SR
19-05-04, 12:24 PM
That'll teach ya - should of known better.
No sympathy at all.

Sounds like the police were doing their job correctly.

Ok so 70 in a 30 is very bad & he'll learn from his mistakes (hopefully)

But everyone speeds at some point, its just a matter of if you get caught or not.

Speeding is speeding, weather its 34 in a 30 or 100. Its still wrong.

Jim
19-05-04, 12:35 PM
I agree with Jules. Why were you doing 70mph in a 30mph limit? Were you in THAT much of a hurry?

Don't know how people can say he's been unlucky. He's been lucky that he didnt kill someone :!:

Jim

Jordi
19-05-04, 12:43 PM
hmmmm if its in your 1st 2 years m8, dont u have to take a extended test, if u passed more then 2 yrs ago, u will only get a normal test. Shame that, but theres only 1 person to blame, i agree with wots sed above.

DUNOVA.
19-05-04, 12:43 PM
C'mon weve all been there and done things we should'nt have done :roll:

Like gazza said he'll learn fom his mistakes :!:

I bet 98% of people that use this site have done more than 35 in a 30 and more than 90 on a motorway/duel caridgway :!:

Chris
19-05-04, 01:24 PM
I agree with the comments above. But everyone speeds and most have doubled the speed limit at some point. But people dont seem to think about 140 on a motorway as bad as speeding in a 30 as no kids are gonna run out on a motorway hopefully. thats my thought anyway

Jules
19-05-04, 01:56 PM
We've all been there? Doing over double the speed limit?
I know that I've not gone twice the speed limit anywhere - ever.

How is it unlucky getting caught doing 70 in a 30? Maybe 35-40 in a 30 could be considered unlucky but 70mph?
I'd actually consider it lucky that they caught you - what if you'd of hit someone at that sort speed? You'd be losing a whole lot more than your license.

Will F
19-05-04, 02:38 PM
I am with Jules on this one!
'Speeding is speeding'??!!

Yeah OK, 100mph on a deserted motorway is the same as 80mph in a residential area, with an infant school, a school for the deaf, a school for the blind, and an owl sanctuary?

Dont think so.

I dont know the cicumstances, but for doing 70 in a 30, I would say serves you right.

Rick Draper
19-05-04, 02:54 PM
Serves you right for driving like a twat. That speed in a 30 deserves a instant 2 year ban and the need to retake your complete test again. Rick

DUNOVA.
19-05-04, 04:01 PM
I think it's prob more the younger drivers the likes of me and many others.

No matter where you speed there's still a chance you can kill someone whether its you a passenger in your car or other road users ive only got one word ''HYPACRITS'' :roll:

Matt EvoVI
19-05-04, 05:25 PM
You may think twice when you feel the itch to put your toe down next time. We all speed from time to time it's just a qestion of loction, a open road at night yes but when your doing 70 in a 30 limit your just asking for a accident to happen. I'am not saying your a bad driver you just need to look at the situation before you act.

good luck matt. :?
P.S thats not really my car I'am a neutral evo driver

Col_Mk1
19-05-04, 05:41 PM
my mate was doing 70 in a 30 got 3 points and court costs(60) and had only beed driving 6 month

tom_beverley
19-05-04, 05:51 PM
i think u will be lucky if you dont get banned (if u havent been drivin for 2 years). I got banned last year for something really stupid (skipped a roundabout) n that was at midnight with no cars and people around (part from the pigs lol) n i wasnt speedin. As for goin that quick in a 30mph it is dangerous as fuck really, the speed limits there for a reason so take a bit more notice of it. Fair enough i used to do 35-40 sometimes but not 70!

novalew
19-05-04, 05:57 PM
hope all goes well mate, im serving a ban at the mo for DD, but before everyone has a go i drove out of a car park pulled over and swapped drivers to a sober driver (never saw the coppers). Never planned on driving home but put myself in a stupid situation and got caught.

U get over it mate, its all i can say

Good luck though

srs1
19-05-04, 07:41 PM
stats state that only 2.5% of all accidents are on the motorway. and 50% are fatal.

75% of the rest are on 30 mph roads.

now you think!

70 in a 30 is a def fatal accident waiting to happen,
100 as we all do, on the motorway has a significant less chance of an accident!

not trying to be horrible towards you (so dont take it personally) but i hope you learn your lesson.

Snowface
19-05-04, 07:46 PM
speak to ste about speeding at twice the limit. He's often on here saying he's done 100mph here and 120mph there while being towed.

lol.

At the end of the day its not up to us to judge you. You can do that yourself.

match
19-05-04, 07:56 PM
70 in a 30??!

no wonder nova drivers have a bad reputation, would imagine thats a good years ban at least.

cooper_nova
19-05-04, 09:26 PM
sorry to hear that but as many other ppl on here have said it's ur own fault and thats just being stupid :!:

and i thought i used to b a mad driver when i woz younger!!!

NoVa_KhAn
19-05-04, 09:36 PM
omg bro i pass my test yesterday and now ur gona lose urs!

Gazza14SR
19-05-04, 10:09 PM
I agree with what everyone has said.

I wasnt trying to justify speeding or anything.

Anyone seen the advert where a kid gets hit at 34 in a 30 and goes flying over the bonnet? Whereas if the viechle was doing 30 it would of stopped before evening hitting him?!

In so many ways its made me a 100 times better driver than what i was by getting caught as Im still paying for it now even though it was nearly to years ago, and made me realise how thick/stupid i was to do it.

Hopefully it'll make you realise too dude.

Supernovas:
'my mate was doing 70 in a 30 got 3 points and court costs(60) and had only beed driving 6 month '

He got a fixed penalty for over twice the speed limit???!!! I think he was yanking your chain big styleee.

Gaz

Dai-o
19-05-04, 10:15 PM
i got caught last nite drivin on a 30mph road at 70mph.The f**king police were up some side road. :cry:

hopfully i just get points and a fine but the copper said i might loose my licence :cry:
licence is goin mate. agree with most of the comments... over double is asking for trouble!!

D

TWAG
19-05-04, 11:44 PM
Think alot of people making comments here arnt being totally honest, most of us are building cars for power, and you cant tell me you all save that power for a 1/4mile now and again!

Every one has has broke the speed limit, even if they say they havnt.

I think being caught is unlucky, but it will make you think twice. I got pulled on monday morning, i didnt even see the police car and it took him over a mile to catch up with me. Lucky for me it was not a patrol car, and he let me off with just a producer. But since then i have thought twice about putting the foot down!

All i would say is if you want to open your car up now and again, a 30mph road maybe not the best place to do it.

Any way good luck mate, hope you dont get hit to hard my the law!

Will
19-05-04, 11:55 PM
rob is the bloke who brought my run around GSI hes 21 and just passed his test of recent.

rob where did this happen, how many coppers in the car etc etc? did they clock your actual speed or an estimatE? u say a side road surely they dont know ur speed they can only guess?

as above that kind of speed in any 30 is asking for trouble but thats nothing to do with me its your driving...... let me know how it goes

give me a shout if u need to talk abt it...

Will

Barn
20-05-04, 12:00 AM
hard luck mate. I thought I got caught the other day and done my nut (doing 110mph on the motorway *top speed run*lol). Would say that your defo looking at a ban and loss of licence.

At the end of the day mate you know you were wrong doing that speed in a 30 (you were) but no doubt you will learn from it.

good point by TWAG above...let rip today as it goes (on the dual carriageway!) and got f ucking slaughtered by an RS Turbo, b*stard, lol

Anyway best of luck with it all mate

:+:

badnova
20-05-04, 08:48 AM
theres quite a few people on here that have lost there licence or goin to or getting fines :lol: :lol:

big_steve_x
20-05-04, 12:07 PM
i don't agree with that speed in a 30, most i do in a 30, is 40 and i'm always more aware of whats goin on! bear in mind that the speed limit is 30 for a reason, (i.e children playing)

badnova
20-05-04, 12:59 PM
it is a bit stupid isnt really when you think about

70 in a 30
if anything or someone pulls out of somewhere, you aint really got a change of stoping in time

terrible___1
20-05-04, 02:23 PM
well it was 11:30 at night so most kids were in bed.yer im still going up the pod on sunday.There were 2cops in the car all they done was took my details then drove off.nova_khan well done mate we will have 2meet up b4 of if i loose my licence.

epo
20-05-04, 06:57 PM
gutted 4 u
thats all am gunna say

terrible___1
20-05-04, 07:11 PM
cheers epo

NoVa_KhAn
20-05-04, 08:05 PM
yeh terrible ill be on road soon just need insurance

gota sort car out 2 needs mot after that ill get justin 2 come go 4 a lil cruise

Gazza14SR
21-05-04, 12:44 AM
If the coppers have their thumbs up their arses like they did with me you'll still have months left to drive.

The offence was in August & my date for court came through for a conviction date of Jan the following year! So thats 5 months, i was only in the court room 15 minutes yet it took 5 months to slot me in! Pathetic!

Hope all goes well anyway.

Take Care.

badnova
21-05-04, 12:48 AM
well it was 11:30 at night so most kids were in bed..

most kids in my area aint in bed @ 11.30

Dai-o
21-05-04, 12:58 AM
Just pray mate, hope it works out for you

badnova
21-05-04, 01:04 AM
i think you goin to need 2

Will
21-05-04, 08:28 AM
they gave u no ticket just checked your details

they were sitting in a side road so will only be able to guess your speed

after 2 weeks if u have no letter at all forget abt it, move on and learn from the lesson ;)

badnova
21-05-04, 09:49 AM
does seem strange they did give a ticket

Gazza14SR
21-05-04, 02:07 PM
I didnt get a ticket, no nothing. The officer said that i would hear from the magistrates soon. 3 weeks later i got the summons.

Have a missed something? Was it an officer in a car or something or with one of thm laser guns?

I was done with a laser gun at about 1 in the morning, was sat at the bus stop hiding under the shelter :evil:

DUNOVA.
21-05-04, 02:47 PM
Snidey bastards :evil:

tom_beverley
21-05-04, 04:07 PM
thats tight as fuck the slimey twat! Im the same i got caught in feb '03 never got anythin they just sed id hear from the court soon, and in jul '03 i got the summons thru the post and a couple of weeks later i was banned! :evil: fuckers

Jack
21-05-04, 07:09 PM
they gave u no ticket just checked your details

they were sitting in a side road so will only be able to guess your speed

after 2 weeks if u have no letter at all forget abt it, move on and learn from the lesson ;)

My mate with the 306 got nicked a while back (52 in a 30). They were sat in a side road with a hand held laser gun, showed him the speed reading on it and everything... apparently they'd calibrated it to underread slightly so he was probably doing more like 55 :?

He was given a ticket receipt type thing (altho the officer didn't sign it like he should have) and was told the courts would write to him with a summons... that was about 5 weeks ago and he's heard nowt yet. But if its like Gazza says, he could be waiting a fair while longer!

srs1
21-05-04, 07:21 PM
i think i waited for about 6-7 weeks before i got my court date

Gazza14SR
22-05-04, 01:10 AM
Sounds like afew of us have made court appearances!

Will
22-05-04, 02:00 AM
he got no ticket

so nothing will happen end of

only other way is the NIP within 14 days and i bet that wotn happen either