PDA

View Full Version : the joys of lowering

shanehandley
18-05-04, 11:03 PM
ive got a topic in the styling section bout my splitter, the way its getting broken and cracked is from reverseing into my drive!

my cars lowerd 60mm all round and its quite a steep slope (bout 45 degree angle) upto the garage at the top1 is there anyway for trying to stop it scraping has much any tips?

any help would be great!

sorry its a weird request lol :roll:

beatin u
18-05-04, 11:06 PM
smooth out the bottom of the drive lol

get a smaller splitter

or bigger springs

Stuart
18-05-04, 11:16 PM
park somewhere else

Chris
18-05-04, 11:33 PM
lol at cambridge

Jim
19-05-04, 08:53 AM
This IS a strange request. What do you want us to say? You've created the problem yourself by lowering your car and adding a splitter. Either remove the splitter or don't lower your car so much, lol.

If you don't want to do neither then park it elsewhere like cambridge said.

Jim

jkhilton
19-05-04, 09:20 AM
or just use a few bits of wood on the slope to your drive and make it less steep. That way you can still park on your drive (I had to do this with my old GSi, as the roads on my dads estate hadn't been tarmac'd when I had the car, os the kerbs and pavements were really steep.)

Alex
19-05-04, 01:16 PM
Ive just had the curb outside my driveway lowered (very expensive) to allow my car to clear it. I still scrape my splitter unless I go unbelieveably slowly down it. Had to repair my cracked bumper/splitter with some epoxy resin.

locky
19-05-04, 04:55 PM
Come on lads FFS give him some REAL ideas :P ! hydro suspension you want, i know someone that could install it too 8) :wink:

benji
19-05-04, 05:09 PM
try reversing itup the drive?? might work

novalew
19-05-04, 08:18 PM
fit bigger rims or rubber

Paul
19-05-04, 10:08 PM
Start from a very far side of it. Put it on full lock, then slowly drive up it at an angle, so you go across it too, and end up, up the slope but on the other side of it. you should cleart it unless its huge. I have to do this down the seafront, until i realised i didnt give a fuck about the splitte anymore. lol :lol:

novahead
20-05-04, 08:46 AM
:o :o :o

badnova
20-05-04, 08:49 AM
so what if there aint enough room to do that

epo
20-05-04, 07:10 PM
imo ur always gunna have probs with a seat splitter and lowered 60mm
mines a laguna splitter and ive bin lucky and not had ne probs as mines lowered 60mm so if i were u id change the splitter