PDA

View Full Version : max live - the verdict

Anonymous
06-07-01, 09:18 PM
I've been to max live! What a big pile of s......

Good job id blagged free pass and a lift down in mates double mag featured calibra...Psx 2, Psx1, tv and video to play with on way down :D

Png stand....hahhahaaha andy bishop can you be more diplomatic? No? ok ill say then, ok one guess who was indoors..

yep correct.. mark watts, that peppermint one, jason hudson pete neals?(so im told havent clue who he is) and 1.6 turbo(nice clean engine - NOT)etc yawn

a whole maybe 10 novas outside and 2 best were there, andy B's and rik marlands, and i can see them at local meetings.

far too many f###in saxos, hugely outnumbered everything else.

some real crap stuff outside xr3i with big spoiler and 15s - thats it!no kit no nothing.

Only a handle of top quality cars there, nice volvo 940 proper mental paint, completely flipped each step, better than all the usual chromaflair/chameleon ones completely destroyed that chameleon cav,(which is nice but nothing on this) he must be gutted as parked opposite. and chrome everything on it too.

Thats all that stands out really.

Full of dirty slags, all the wannabe max babes, most had rough faces, nice bodies and clothing though :D

Exhibitors pass didnt get you in cruise strip or club x, cruise strip was ok, nothing different from last year im toldd and not as good.
club x never went in (DOH!!!!!) apparently like the fantasy stand at donny, but never went donny. Both cost ?5.

I strongly advise do not waste your petrol, let alone entrance fees- if u wanna see slags go cruise a town centre on weekend eg wigan!(not that i'd ever do that!)

Anonymous
06-07-01, 09:28 PM
ha ha ha - shit init!!! :p

136BHP GTE, YEAH BABY!!!

Anonymous
06-07-01, 11:45 PM
agree 110% with ya ian me old son. what a load of old over-rated cack ever! Where the fuc* werethe N.O.V.A.'S??? Max live was more like a shaftin session to french originated motors.

And God said, "Let there be the GSi"

Anonymous
06-07-01, 11:51 PM
Well, I'm glad to say I never intended going....I'd heard too many bad things about last years!
My cousin is supposed to be going..or has been...when was it again...this weekend isn't it and today?

I'll ask him what he thought of it.

Anonymous
07-07-01, 12:07 AM
i found it alright, full of saxos, some poor quality cars but there was the odd nice one hidden amongst the bunch.

volvo paint was mad as hell, lots of bass thumpin away all day, but its not worth travelling long distances, i just happened to be up around brummingham on thursday. doubt if i'd bother next year

Anonymous
07-07-01, 01:43 AM
well.........where the fuck woz the novas :(
fuckin saxos i hate em!!! :(
@ least my GTE wollops em! 120BHP nice!!!!!!!!
VTR = ARSE
VTS = ARSENAL
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
MAXY PEE LIVE IS WANK I STRONGLY RECOMMEND U DO NOT TRAVEL MORE THAN 10 MILES 2 C IT DO NOT USE VALUBLE JUICE IN GARAGES!!!!!!

MENTAL VOLVO THOUGH!!!

Anonymous
07-07-01, 01:02 PM
i quite agree with all, max is far to overrated and is just a commercial piece of shit, its not about the cars which others shows r about its just a total commercial advertising stunt, which is far to overpriced, load of bollocks. im glad i never went, i never intended to because its so shit, to tell the truth i don't know many people who r going from up ere apart from micky. i also have to agree about to many saxo's wish they would give up, at donny this year there was far to many of them, u've seen 1 u've seen em all,ar and ian m8 the fantasy channel stand at donny was crap, u didn't miss anything m8.

Anonymous
07-07-01, 01:38 PM
did n e 1 see my m8's yella nova, 16's evo scoop, smooth ar$e, novadose back bumper....
if so what did you think of it?

Anonymous
07-07-01, 03:47 PM
ahem arent volvos "old mans" cars?? lol ohh hang on they can look good, just as all cars can!!! lol

glad i didnt make the effort again

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
07-07-01, 05:26 PM
i saw it john, dans nova isnt it.
hes sellin it
had a quick word with him, u a swansea boy too?
the car is very nice

Anonymous
07-07-01, 06:49 PM
Yes and what we said was, shame it was done to a volvo, cos they could have done it to a decent car!
paint was awesome.

apparently its a little bit better today, and about 70 novas so im told, and is chocker full of people, shame theyll all be 17 year old saxo wankers

Anonymous
07-07-01, 07:13 PM
did any one see my mates race saxo?? I like it.prob on The GMC stand I think??Or saxo sports club??

STOP.............................................. .........................................CARRY ON!

Anonymous
07-07-01, 09:32 PM
well it was good today im thought espesh when i went on my fanny hunt and got summnice pics ;)

there was lots ov novas today and the cars were nicely turned out

1 hour wait for dead dog burger was a pisser though X-(

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
07-07-01, 11:17 PM
Good old NEC food, as good as ever was it Micky :p

Anonymous
07-07-01, 11:58 PM
i saw the race saxo amongst the saxo competion display thingy

white with black bumpers n arches

Anonymous
08-07-01, 01:15 AM
lmao. John B was the yellow nova for sale and parked next to a Green Eccie Cossie. If so you probably saw me sitting in the cossie! Its just been announced that they've cahnged the name of the show for next year to saxo power live. Me and Ian S have to win the award for the biggest blaggers there. There was supposed to be alot more novas there Saturday!
Mingle

Novaload Day in court coming soon :)

Anonymous
08-07-01, 11:15 AM
i didn't go up mingle but i htink i will next year, i was just wondering what you all thaught of it.

Anonymous
08-07-01, 11:41 AM
It was a good day in my opinion, got a pic ture with Jordan,Holly, and the battery ran out on jakki degg gutted! oh well saw the Pinky Nova and a Nova van full of I.C.E but thats about it really other than saxos, which were nice! :P

Anonymous
08-07-01, 11:55 AM
Ian i take it u don't like saxo's lol, join the club m8.

Anonymous
08-07-01, 02:49 PM
It was utter shite. We had seen everything by 12 and were told we had to wait until 6 to leave, despite our best blags. I am never buying the mag again and never going to the show again. It's not a true car show. Its a ploy for max to boost their wallets and self esteem, and fuck if the shows any good or not.

Anonymous
08-07-01, 03:14 PM
Ian 70 novas? not at all I was there saturday and there were a few but not 70. I'd say prob nearer 20!

Anonymous
08-07-01, 03:14 PM
Some cars were excellent but in the scrum you couldn't get near them. Sadly a lot weren't anything better than was in the car park outside and a fair few were shockingly worse. I wasn't impressed at all by the brown 1.6 Turbo Nova inside. Engine was completely uncared for, it was running on fuck all boost and the bloke who owned it (sorry if u read this) knew fuck all as well. I saw a much better version the week b4 at Southend that would have kicked his arse in every dept. We knew someone running the show and she got me lad and his m8 into see the Max babes backstage - most were great but Jordan who had been off her face the night b4 was telling peeps to Fuck off if they ask for a piccy or wotever. She's an ugly slappper these days who's over the hill ( and I should know cos I am as well!)and way up her own arse. The trade stands were all selling the same shit and everthing was stoopidly expensive - fuck all show discounts. Apart from that it was great !!:(

I did like all the rally slag cars and one of the best cars there had to be the twin engined VW just for nutter value.

Good to see Micky and Oxygen and I was happy that I had gone but I would have been pissed off if I had had to pay to get in.

Anonymous
08-07-01, 11:53 PM
How do you think i felt i was stuck there for 3 fucking days. I met jakki and holly at a private party on the friday night that i realy shud not have been in as most were 40 yr olds and i was the only 19 yr old in trainers in there! Everyone elser was suited and booted! We lost maxpower about ?180 as we passed our passes through the fence to all our mates that came down getting them all in free! All in all a complete load of bollocks and the best bit was sorting out a ecu for my 2ltr! Did any of you lot see my mates s1 rs turbo on the top 100 readers cars bit? all polished and chromed engine! Rick

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRPPPPP PPPPPPP

Anonymous
08-07-01, 11:55 PM
same ere if i wasnt getting in for free i wouldnt have been happy either :(

birds were nice though ;)

i didnt meet oxygen where was he hiding???
lol

Anonymous
09-07-01, 01:00 AM
utter pants!! :(
sunday woz better than friday and saturday more novas 2day wot the fuck was with the cossie transit mad innit? :)
where the fuck was PNG i couldnt find it 4 shit! :(
very unimpressed with maxy pee 2day! :(
had to travel from essex i may have well gone to southend for the weekend lol!

:D

whos up 4 a bit of rally slag southend next saturday night? ill have my rally slag decals on by then im having Flanagan and the british flag on the back windows hahahahah lol

:) Rally slags rule :)

Anonymous
09-07-01, 03:15 AM
i had a good day, spent alot of time outside the show gettin stuff that i'd bought back to my car! got sum bargins that'll help me with my restarted project on my nova thou. Micky soz mate but i was too busy following Alana and sum other bird who were both looking fine, so that's probably didn't get to meet ya!

For me car of the show was the Carisma 5 with it's new bits, fair enough it's a company Demo car, but for sheer Whaaoooooo value, respect where it's due! Sayin that, i've seen that twin VR6 Mk 3 go CP, and it's sumink else!!!!!!!!!!!!

all in all, i enjoyed.....hopefully me car will be sweet for USC!

Anonymous
09-07-01, 03:30 PM
BTW whilst I'm in a grumpy mood.
How much do you think they paid Jordan???
:o:o:o:oX-(
Fackin ?12 Grand for 4 hrs !!!!!!!!!!!
Would have been better if they'd ditched the bitch and spent the money on more cars or lowered the prices:D

Anonymous
09-07-01, 03:48 PM
put it this way i seriously felt like getting my nova and whacking it outside...

one looked like a typical 17 year old just passed there test boy racer nova with huuuge kenwood stickers and an air freshner and thats probably about it.

hey mebbe he had a valver or turbo underneath but if he did he wasnt showing it off...oh and the rust on the other novas arches, should be ashamed to put it on show so much with em rotten.

Over all i had a good day but kinda gutted for all that distance (not arsed about entry it was free) to find out its one hall and a bit outside :(

?21 to get in, ?5 for club x(and me m8 said they didnt even get there tits out:( ) and ?5 for a poster signed....what a rip off

ill probably be skipping that next year, is donnington any better as ppl seemed to hype the two up so am i gonna be seriously disapointed like i was when i went to MPL when i go to donny next year?

Anonymous
09-07-01, 04:22 PM
btw JohnB i seen your mates nova...looks well clean not too sure on the shade of yellow though but is nice and its going on me report 2nite

Anonymous
09-07-01, 04:42 PM
why do they insist on having jordan there are by far nicer birds than her
to name a few
jakki
holly
katie richmond

and they keep picking jordan who everyone seems to think is rough

:) decisions decisions :)

Anonymous
09-07-01, 05:02 PM
jordan used to be nice...she has gone way over the top with her boobs...

attitude?!?!? she's got more attitude than a 20 stone dyke on jam week

Anonymous
09-07-01, 07:01 PM
did anybody see the other white nova with the bodge all over the smashed and repaird back novadose bumper on display? no pint on it just plain pink bodge??? that was soo ruff
and that novaqueens car had paint falling off the bumpers faster than her knickers on her site! ;)

Anonymous
09-07-01, 09:58 PM
i saw that s1, had a mirror on the floor under it didnt it?

very neat

Anonymous
10-07-01, 12:02 PM
lmao. what do mean on her site...she told my friend that she wasnt wearing any pants, and then they strangely disappeared for about 2.5 hours....All i can say was he must have been really desperate.... :0

:)

Anonymous
10-07-01, 01:39 PM
I reckon one of the most mental cars there was the Astra near the PNG stand indoors with the glass roof!!!!! A WHOLE GLASS ROOF!!!!!! mental b45tard!!!!!!

Nice car, what's the retail on that?
More than you can afford buddy....Ferarri!

smoke him!