PDA

View Full Version : new seats help please

totalnova
18-05-04, 11:15 AM
right ive got sum astra gte seats (front) i taken the nova ones out but the subframes cant be swaped over theres no way of doing it im sure im not the first to do this so if any1 can help pe out id be very happy

LiD0N
18-05-04, 02:04 PM
weld em on to nova subframes

totalnova
18-05-04, 04:05 PM
Is there any other way cos i dont have a welder

totalnova
18-05-04, 10:58 PM
any body please im sure im not the first to do this

Chris
18-05-04, 11:06 PM
it depends on the seats from the astra, and the seats in the nova. I believe that the recaro nova subframes will go on the recaro astra seats if these are the seats you are talkin abt

NOVADOSE16
18-05-04, 11:17 PM
Are the seats from a MK1 astra gte? If so then i fitted these to my old nova. They were the proper ones with the recaro badges on. I din't need to weld anything. Just grinded a little L shaped bit off the bottom of the subframe and bang'd the frame on with a hammer then put 2 bolts through each side to make sure it wasn't going anywhere, they looked mint too! I'll try and get some pics up of them in.

Dan

geordie_racer
18-05-04, 11:25 PM
i really laugh when this subject comes up, when i got my first 1.2 nova i got seats from a cav gsi and fitted them using the 1.2 subframes and didn't need to weld or cut or anything like that.

what i did was seperate the seat into the 2 parts, the back and the base, then undone all the parts on the base and the subframe came off, it's only held together by some rigid card strips at the front and sides and i think a bolt at the back of the base where the seatbelt bit screws on, i then did the same to the nova seat and put the cav seat back together using the nova subframe in reverse order. this has worked for everyset of vauxhall seats ive had, the brand new ones are no doubt different but as your talkin astra gte seats the above method will work fine.

chris

totalnova
18-05-04, 11:41 PM
I'll try and get some pics up of them in.
please do

and geordie-racer i cant see how that will work the astra subframes are like runner whilst the nova ones are in to parts a runner at the back and u shaped bar that moves with the seat. kinda hard to exsplain. could you explain wot you mean by swapping the bottom bit as the astra subframes cum off but the nova ones are fixed.
thanks

geordie_racer
19-05-04, 09:39 AM
it's hard to explan, but if you seperate the back and base on the nova seat the entire base comes apart including the subframes, it's a pain in the arse job but can be done. unfortunately im not at home at the minute so have no access to pictures of what i mean

chris

totalnova
20-05-04, 11:06 PM
i now taken the nova seat apart (back off and the subframes do not cum off this might be my seats and yours may have been different but these gte seats dont seem like they will go in the car if you can get pics up please do as i feel like taking a hammer to these seats at the moment :x

badnova
21-05-04, 12:54 AM
i want ot do this to my car
seems a good idea
ill have to try this tomoz
might mean using the bottom peice of the fram from your gte (the frame) and puttignthe foam from the new seat ont that

am i right i thinking this