PDA

View Full Version : Rich_Dale?? kit??

Anonymous
07-07-01, 11:14 PM
Rich where did u get the pic of my kit from neway?? also i have the orig fitting instructions with it (thought u may b interested)
cya
Sam:)

Anonymous
07-07-01, 11:29 PM
My secret sources ;)

It was actually on a stall, at the Motor Show, at the NEC last year. There were a couple of stalls selling old posters, brochures and press cuttings etc. I picked up a few old Vauxhall-Opel Brochures, and two mint GTE posters (which I'll scan and get on Novabug), then on one stall, I spotted this leaflet with your unusual kit. So I bought it!

Most of my old brochures I've just got from when they were new, 'cos my Dad used to pic new ones up every so often, when looking for a new car.

Have you seen the full-size scan of the kit? The URL is http://www.novabug.co.uk/GMS1.jpg
It cost me a quid for that one sheet of paper, but it's so rare, I had to have it :D

I'd love to see the fitting instructions.....would be a good bit of content to put on novabug ;)
I'm trying to get any pics/scans of old Nova stuff, to build a kind of archive. I've got a couple of magazine articles to scan and add too.....may get time to do tomorrow, then again, got the finish car for Billing!

Anonymous
08-07-01, 09:07 AM
Hehe one quid!!!! lmao
When i get the pics of the nova i will send them to you along with the fitting instructions if you want:)
Have fun getting the car ready for billing!!
Btw well done on a top site;)
Sam:)

Anonymous
08-07-01, 05:53 PM
Hey Rich,do you want my little brochure of vauxhall accessories?-I can post it if your interested,its got some pics of parts of nova kits,including a funny flick for the back bumper,a nice front apron,and some other bits,like radios,boot liner,grilles,first aid kit etc-just thought it might be of interest.BTW I would do almost anything for a GTE poster!-I must get to one of these shows

a car one colour soon!:)

Anonymous
09-07-01, 12:18 AM
Samzy......I'd love to see those pics, and the fitting instructions would be great too :)
I'll put 'em up on Novabug if it's ok, 'cos like I said...any pics of unusual kits, general memorabilia etc would be ideal.
I'll put a thank you to you on the site of course ;)

bob.....the same again....I'd love to see that brochure, and it'd be the ideal thing I'm looking for, for Novabug.
Could you scan it, and e-mail me? Or if you want post it, then I can scan it and I'll post it back to ya?
Again, I'll put a thank you on the site for anything you supply ;)

As for my car....I'll not be complete for Billing, 'cos there's no way I could finish it this week, but I was trying to get one side of the car done for then......re-spraying the near-side, and along the way I've been filling a couple of dints, and repairing the odd blemish of rust. I've got the car back into something that looks like a car now, 'cos the last few days it's been missing a few body parts, but I need to use it tomorrow, so had to out it back together :)

He's what it looked like earlier today:

http://www.novabug.com/Arch.jpg and here's a pic of it with my Dad's new Corsa http://www.novabug.com/Corsa1.jpg

Do you like my nice shiny rear arch? Amazing what you can do with aerosols! I'm hoping to get the door and front wing done during this week, 'cos it won't look very good at Billing like that! Then again, the other sides worse, 'cos of the dinted driver's door, and rusty rear arch :O

Anonymous
09-07-01, 12:22 AM
OOOOOOOOPPPPPSSS!

Wrong URL's given above!

The pics are at:

http://www.novabug.co.uk/Arch.jpg and http://www.novabug.co.uk/Corsa1.jpg :'>

Anonymous
09-07-01, 12:29 AM
yeah i agree the site is v well done

and i did spot me front wheel in there sumwhere lol ;)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
09-07-01, 10:27 AM
good job on the arch rich mate ;) my dads sprayed 2 of his front wings on his car and a door, and u can't tell the difference to the rest of the paintwork...you can get a really good finish with an aerosol

Anonymous
09-07-01, 10:28 AM
if and when you start thinking about selling your antibes Rich,could you let me know?-I am about to start putting some money aside for another nova,probably around ?20 a week or more if possible,and your antibes would suit what I need down to the ground really,as for the brochure,I will post it to you,you can keep it if you want,as I am so generous lol

a car one colour soon!:)

Anonymous
09-07-01, 09:57 PM
Micky.....oh yes.....your wheel is on there.... it was the best pic I could find of those alloys on a Nova ;)
Is that the Nova you've got now then......as well as the Peppermint one? Both look mint BTW ;)

The sites coming along, though the mod guides bits are to be ignored for now....no where near complete, and a bit shabby!

Cheers Ged......I'm well pleased with the finish. I was worried when I first sprayed it, 'cos it was more orange peely than a new Saxo (which is bad ;)) but with a fine rub down with 1200 wet a dry, I got most of it really smooth, then with some rubbing compound, got a good shine, then gave it a final polish with Devlon......well happy.

I've just got the door to do for Billing, 'cos the front wing is at least shiny (though the wrong shade!), but hopefully, I'll get the wing done too.
I've "only" got the other side, the bonnet, and roof and the tailgate to do then...."Only" :O

bob.....that brochure would be great mate...thanks ;) As for my Antibes price....I haven't a foggiest! I was hoping to get about ?1400 for it, but when you see decent GTE's and GSi's for less than that, I've not got a chance :(
It's cost about ?2K to do so for, including buying it in the first place, so I'm gonna loose money on it either way.

I don't know....I may not sell it for another 6 months. I think I'm gonna wait 'till I can get a nice GSi with a valver in it :D
(mental note......must get that business of the ground!....I NEED a GSi Valver!)

I'll keep you informed either way bob ;)