PDA

View Full Version : Hazard Switch - Broken !?

Nick
17-05-04, 09:30 PM
after i let a mate sit in my car, he's broken my hazard switch

when i put the switch in it doesn't seem to beable to turn the hazards off ! it just doesn't click in !

is this a problem with my switch , or my car's dash !?

i'm guessing the switch ?!

General Baxter
17-05-04, 09:31 PM
yep switch

stiller_uk
17-05-04, 09:58 PM
pull the switch apart and remove the springs. Put switch bk 2gether then it will operate by a push/pull action

broody
18-05-04, 01:30 AM
ive had my nova 3 years and never realised that it was a push for on and push again for off mecanisum, mines always been pull for on, push for off, works fine.

Riggy
18-05-04, 03:24 PM
ive had my nova 3 years and never realised that it was a push for on and push again for off mecanisum, mines always been pull for on, push for off, works fine.

lol thats how mine works

dan-hipgrave
18-05-04, 04:54 PM
:lol: :lol: the exact same thing happened to me mate - i had a mate sat in the car friday - he switched on the hazards and they didnt switch off - so i took the springs out of the switch and its now a push on pull off but i have no indicators??? i think im gonna have to buy a new one :(

Nick
18-05-04, 08:05 PM
Yer my indicators don't work with the switch pulled out. Cars at a mates house having the gearbox taken out so i'e yet to try the spring thing.. i'm thinking i won't have any indicators either ! hmmmmm hope theres notthin serious wrong !

Dave
19-05-04, 05:59 PM
i think a new switch from vaux is about ?20 just gotta be careful with em or remove the springs an have it as a pull/push switch
but as said without it your indicators won't work!

day
20-05-04, 09:48 PM
Yer my indicators don't work with the switch pulled out. Cars at a mates house having the gearbox taken out so i'e yet to try the spring thing.. i'm thinking i won't have any indicators either ! hmmmmm hope theres notthin serious wrong !

when you say the indicators dont work with the hazard switch pulled out, do you mean really pulled out, so it isnt connected atall? it should be ok once you remove the springs and put the switch back in and just pull out slightly.

-tucny-
22-05-04, 09:50 AM
my hazard switch broke, i took the springs out then found that the whole switch pulled out slightley when the hazards were applied, which would explain the indicators not working. so i took out the inners of the switch from its casing put a small piece of card in to bulk it out, now it fits in nice and snug and doesnt pull out when the hazaeds are applied.

_JH_
22-05-04, 12:35 PM
don't buy one from vaux. I did a few weeks ago. having MOT this morning, pushed switch, hazards came on, pushed it again and it wouldn't go back in. luckily the tester let it go because he knows i'll get it fixed. gonna try this remove springs idea on the old one now, and take switch back to vaux monday morning.