PDA

View Full Version : PVG MEMBERS---YORKSHIRE SHOW---ALL REGIONS WELCOME

LregNovagsi
17-05-04, 02:54 PM
Hi all, this is Caroline Pennington, your region co-ordinator.

Over the past few months i have had a few members phone me asking if i had organised anything, and now i can finally say i have!

We have been invited to attend the South Yorkshire Sports and Performance Show organised by the RS Owners Club. You might be thinking oh no, not Fords, but there will be many other car groups in attendence, such as the 200+ club so the day is not all about Fords.

Here are a couple of the main details on the day:

Date: Sunday 18th July 2004

On the Day: Concours (ford only), Club stands, show and shine (anyone can enter this for ?1 i believe with great prizes such as Momo steering wheels etc) Regalia, Raffle, Bouncy Castle, fully licenced bar, and a restaurant where you can get proper food at cheap prices. There is a balcony where you can sit out and drink or eat and watch the show or bring your own bbq, it's up to you!

Entry is ?3 (TBC) Now i am not 100% sure on this, but i'm sure if you pay in advance it is cheaper than on the gate.

I have never attented this day but i am told it is very well organised and there are in excess of 2000 cars shown on three fields so we're not all crammed in!

I have booked a stand for us, and if i get lots of response from it then that is great, but if only 3 or 4 of you contact me than i will have to re-think.

I understand that this forum is new and not many people know that it exists, so if you know anybody who would be interested then please let them know.

Obviously attendence of our group is limited to Vauxhalls only but if you know of another car club that would be interested just let me know and i'm sure we can get them in the show area. Not only Astra's, Nova's and Corsa's are invited, but all other makes of Vaux's are welcome to join our stand.

Everyone is welcome, but if you are interested in the day and are not a member of the PVG or know of a friend who would like to come along and join our or any other region please let me know and we will sort that out.

Let's hope i get a good response from this, if it is a success, this could become a permanant thing.

Booking in advance will ensure you a spot infield and you will receive your pass through the post.

The price is per person and not per car, if you do want to book in advance, i only require that you pay for yourself so that if on the day you decide to bring more passengers than you first envisaged then there's not a problem of them getting in etc.

We have been invited so please don't show our group up, i'm sure none of you will, but please no rallying through the fields and drive sensible at all times. We want to make a good impression don't we!

Hope you all like the idea of this day, any suggestions of any kind don't hesitate to contact me!

Any questions or to book a place, please contact
cep23@aol.com

LregNovagsi
11-06-04, 02:25 PM
Any more for any more?!! Got a fair few car's on the stand now, but not many Nova's!
I need to know numbers by the end of June, anyone interested just mail me.
Caroline.

Breeny
11-06-04, 02:40 PM
HAHA

No Thanks. :lol:

Will
11-06-04, 04:40 PM
Hi all, this is Caroline Pennington, your region co-ordinator.

I understand that this forum is new and not many people know that it exists, so if you know anybody who would be interested then please let them know.

the forum has been running for 6 yrs or so........? pmsl :lol: :lol:

any c&p on every car board ever gen? LOLOL

p.s. good idea but novas at an RS show, think id rather run round town naked than take my nova there! imagine an RS club stand at PVS? u get the idea im sure

Will

LregNovagsi
11-06-04, 06:21 PM
:o that was a cut and copy from the post i put on the PVG's website. I've put the same post on many sites and nobody else has bothered to critise.

Didn't realise so much offense would be taken, all i was doing was inviting some fellow Vaux enthusiasts to join the day. It's a performance sports car day, not all Ford's, 200+ in attendance and many other clubs. Ive been a member of this site for some years and thought everyone was friendly enough to not make comments like the above.

Sorryeeee, won't bother again :roll:

Ste_Nova
11-06-04, 07:46 PM

thank you.... now go away

clawsk
11-06-04, 11:03 PM
Nova Attitude! :D
I like :lol:

Have to admit i do hate fords! 8)

Will
12-06-04, 12:56 AM

thank you.... now go away :lol: :lol:

LregNovagsi
12-06-04, 12:57 PM
Help me out here, i'm a little bafffled :?
Have i come on slagging anybody off or offended you lot somehow? Because that's how it feels with these responses i've got.
I simply asked if what i thought were like minded Vauxhall people would like to join me and enjoy a day out to show your car's off. I did say that the day is not all about Ford's, just spondsered by them for the day.
I stopped going on Corsasport to get away from petty comments like the above and the three years i have been a member of this site i have never been belittled liked this. It's not the comments that's got to me, it's the fact i've always spoke highly about people on this site and the site itself and now i feel like what's the point in coming on again?
Thanks to those who have msn'd me to say take no interest, but i do feel as though i've done something to really offend when all i was doing was trying to be friendly?!!!!!

broody
12-06-04, 01:12 PM
Lregednova, dont take it to heart, its not aimed at you, just at the ford lot.
Ignore the sarcy coments people say, dont get worked up about em, i do and dont get u no where.
You''ll find out who the loud mouth people are and learn to ignore em.

Breeny
12-06-04, 02:15 PM
Caroline,

You'll find that quite a few of the older nova members (in terms of ownership years as opposed to age) arn't fans of the PVG (Ignore Broody, doesn't know what he's talking about) hency my sarcastic reply.

I was a member of "PNG" for 2 years, I didn't bother renewing my subscription a long time ago with them due to various reasons. I won't be renewing it in the near future either, its just a company out to make money in my eyes who don't care about there members in the slightest. Don't take it personally!

Dan
12-06-04, 03:08 PM
I was once upon a time for 5 yrs lol, back to topic kinda, Tbh i didnt see anything that invited non members along. The title as says is aimed at 'pvg members' for a 'yorkshire show' that 'all regions' were welcome to attend and a letter asking for such only. due to the lack of interest of the pvg website i suppose it saves on stamps lol. If it was open to all and not just pvg maybe you should have said so, it might of saved the odd comment.

Ste_Nova
14-06-04, 10:43 AM
I was a member of "PNG" for 2 years, I didn't bother renewing my subscription a long time ago with them due to various reasons.!

same here i was a member from 1994 - 2002

the best years were when it was a nova only club... letting in corsas was bad... letting in any vaux was lethal

LregNovagsi
14-06-04, 01:48 PM
Ok, maybe i understand now. I can see where you are coming from with the PVG, i'm a co-ordinator, and have been in the club for 7 years, but i think the running of the club is a total joke, did you see the stand they had at PVS? It was pathetic! The cars were badly laid out and the tent was an embarresment. I'm mainly in the group so that i can show my car, and that's about it.
Due to the comments i received off here, i've decided over the weekend to cancel. Not only due to the critisism i received, but the fact that i have contacted PVG many times asking for assistence on my first show and for banners so that people know where they are going. They've basically turned round and said they can't be arsed helping, so why should i bother?
Thanks for clearing some of the things up, but i didn't find any need for comments like the first few, even if you think PVG are crap, so do i, but i thought i'd try my best to get some Vaux's together for the day and enjoy each others cars. Didn't expect my ideas to be slagged off.
Maybe i shouldn't have directed the day for PVG members only, but if you read further down it does say you can attend if you aren't a member. Like i said, it was a cut and copy from the PVG's site and i didn't want them e-mailing me moaning on that i'm advertising the day to non PVG members.
Sorry to all those who were interested, but i'm sure you can understand why i'm not going to bother if i'm only going to get bad mouthed.
Caroline.

Ste_Nova
14-06-04, 03:10 PM
. I'm mainly in the group so that i can show my car, and that's about it.

i show my car though novaload with no problems.... with the pvg you can't show at vboa cause they have been banned.... and the pvg national day is a joke.... wasn't it in a barn last year?

pvg national days (from what i remeber?)(correct if wrong)
96 santa pod
97 trax
98 trax
99 billing
00 billing
01 billing
02 wiksteed?
03 barn

not exactly going up in the world

LregNovagsi
14-06-04, 06:20 PM
Unsure about the National Days, i couldn't go last year, and heard mixed responses from it.
I would of liked to have joined the Novaload team on their stands, but my brother is in the PVG along with a few friends so it's good to go to shows and park up with them. We've contemplated leaving on numerous occasions and i don't expect it to be far off the day when we do go.
It's a real shame that they aren't allowed at Billing anymore as that has always been one of my favourite shows. Not sure what went on there, wasn't there a fight or something?

Ste_Nova
15-06-04, 09:58 AM
wasn't there a fight or something?

pissed up drivers driving round... loud music at silly times etc etc