PDA

View Full Version : quote me happy ? THE SEQUEL :D

mikeoxford
17-05-04, 10:53 AM
is it norwich union that the advert is quote me happy?

well im afraid they did today :D

originally they came out ?60 more expensive than liverpool victoria. but i was going to go with them on the basis i could drive any other car whereas with LV you cant until your 21.

rang NU up today, with mods and things declared it raised the premium about ?60 - to be expected, so this now took me way over the LV quote :cry:

but then i said well i had XXX quote off you before, she said hum i can see that. *puts on hold* comes back and says if you take out your insurance today you can have it for XXX (cant remeber what the figures are) which worked out the same as my LV quote :D

rings up LV, cancels there automatic renewal sh!te.

ring back NU and gets the same insurance with NU as i would have done with LV but with the benefit i can drive any car, then another woman lets slip i am owed ?25 discount, as my initial enqiury was on the internet. DOUBLE :D :D !!!

so now my premium is ?20 more than LVIC was, but i get ?25 cashback :lol:

norwich union - im happy 8)

BUT..... then rang up barclaycard :evil: liverpool victoria have debited my card, and also NU!

along with my purchases on the visa card, the credit limit has been gone over by about two times its amount LOL

so the man puts liverpool victoria on stop, cancels that one for me, then its only about ?600 over my limit, so he raises my credit limit to just over three grand :D well happy

what an eventful day !

Mel
17-05-04, 10:59 AM
LOL brilliant mate, i was gunna try NU when my policy runs out. My bro is with them now, and they were 40 quid cheaper than everywhere else, so might give them a bell :D

Dpnova
17-05-04, 11:11 AM
im with admiral there quite cheap

Dave
17-05-04, 11:31 AM
says on their website they don't give quotes on line for modified cars?

Your car is not valued at more than ?35,000, modified, or over 30 years old

Dave
17-05-04, 12:39 PM
just phoned them up an they don't insure you if you've got more then 3 mods?? :?

cooper_nova
17-05-04, 03:35 PM
i'm wiv nu
and i only got charged ?5 more for bumper lowered and alloys :lol:

Will
17-05-04, 07:34 PM
originally they came out ?60 more expensive than liverpool victoria. but i was going to go with them on the basis i could drive any other car whereas with LV you cant until your 21.

25 with LV for other cars not 21

i wasnt aware NU wud be decent for a highly modded engine such as yours but furry muff :) :wink:

will

_JH_
18-05-04, 12:20 AM
yeah NU are pretty good. but what some of you have said about the increase for mods must really be affected by what the car was to start with.

I've just started my second year with them. Last year I had about 6 cars on the policy over all (one at a time), ranging from fiestas to a pug 205, and they were reasonably priced each time, no hassle changing them over either (unlike NFU, tw@s). I've bought a GSi as a runaround, I'm 21, 1yrs ncb, no points, 3rd party fire and theft, and they class it as Grp 13. they say they won't insure any engine mods.

brakes - no rise

air filter - ?70

exhaust - ?140

suspension was quite a cheap one but I can't remember. Problem is, when I've finally finished my nova I'll have trouble insuring it with them. I'll have to write a letter with all the possibilities. luckily I still haven't bought a shell lol.