PDA

View Full Version : 1.0 - 1.3

General Baxter
16-05-04, 06:07 PM
would i need to weld the engine bay to fit a 1.3 engine into my 1.0l body?

would it go stright in aswell?

Big Box
17-05-04, 12:16 AM
Only if its rusty!! lol!!. The shell is the same as a 1.3 but a little strengthening cant be a bad thing. I've changed my 1.2 to a 1.3sr engine and it was easy- just buy a 1.3sr MOT failure, park nose to nose, hire engine lift, read through haynes manual and crack on!! It helps if you've got a mate to help with the actual engine swap tho. (to guide etc.) Make sure you label all hoses, cables etc that you remove and thats it!! Good luck!!

Big Box
17-05-04, 12:18 AM
O yeah......... And change the brakes and suspention as well if u havent already!

_JH_
17-05-04, 12:42 AM
you'll need the radiator and pipework aswell. I think someone on here said the bellhousing on the 1.0 gearbox wont fit the ohc engines but someone would have to confirm that. like big box said, get a whole donor car if you can. or at least get a scrappy to keep the car to one side incase you need anything else etc

also the 1.0 (or at least the ones i've seen) have a single choke weber with only a fuel feed, no return. I dunno how the tank works out, but you may need to put a t piece between the tank and pump (but still in the engine bay) for the return line to go to if you retain the sr carb.

hope that helps, gonna be doing some work to a d reg 1.0 during the week, I'll have a closer look then.

General Baxter
17-05-04, 05:49 PM
return feed that only on a injection car right or am i living in a land what giant babbons live? :lol:

chappers1.3
18-05-04, 10:44 AM
the 1.3's have a return. think its coz its an auto choke carb but dont quote me on it.

chaps