PDA

View Full Version : Hole in my Gearbox !

Nick
15-05-04, 04:34 PM
Fitting my Digidash today, all was going to plan ! then it came to swapping the transducer.

I took the standard one out and as i was doing so i dropped the 10mm bolt, i hoped to hell it hadn't gone down the transducer hole ! so i took it for a very gentle drive up the street n it seemed fine.

Then i took it for a proper drive with the dash working n the bolts ripped a hole through my gearbox pissing oil out everywhere !

The transducer is also stuck, it doesn't want to pull out !

I've got the gearbox sorted n a new ones going in tommorow but im worried about the transducer !? these aren't available as an aftermarket part !? can i take the top off my GTE transducer and put it onto the bottom of my old transducer !?

hope i aint jst ruined my dash as well !

and yes, i know i'm a retard

robb
17-05-04, 11:15 AM
Oooops springs to mind.

Tansducers are avaliable from Vaux dealers, mine was ?60.

Not sure about the plug for it though.

I had a box go on me, shot a planetary gear from the diff through an 1" hole created in housing and across the road.

Sorry, right answers.............

Fit a new box and don't drop any bolts onto it!

When you say you took off the transducer thing off before did you undo the bracket on the box or get a big (21mm) spanner and remove the actual transducer?

You should be able to remove the cable part, leave the std one for ECU and bolt digi one on top, you could also be cheeky and tap the power from GTE one! leaves only one wire to dashe then....

......now I'm going to stop typing!!

Nick
17-05-04, 09:21 PM
I managed to ragg the transducer out eventually !

New gearbox is going in at the moment, having massive problems tho, the driveshafts wont come out of the box so the whole engine is being dropped out n the gearbox along with drive shafts are gonna come out. Then we'l have to take the shafts out and put em in new box n put it back and then put the engine back in....

what a pain ! theres nothing ever been replaced on the car so everything is all nicely siezed n rusted together !

robb
18-05-04, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't have thought the driveshafts would have rusted in,

I just give em a few hard tugs then pop them out from underneath with a wide flat blunt chisel. Lever em a bit.

If they seem very tight turn them as you pull or lever.

Should pop out no probs, followed by the gear oil!