PDA

View Full Version : insurance company write offs

broody
14-05-04, 11:34 PM
when they guy comes to access my car and if he says its a write off, are they aloud to take it away before i say i wanna buy it back, or what if they say i cant buy it back, could they just take it away. wanna know how much time ive got before ive gotta start stripping it.

epo
15-05-04, 12:56 PM
at the end of the day as far as i can c its ur property therefore they have no right to take it away i thought id be they have to put in a offer of how much there gunna give u 1st u have to except it and give them the keys but i cud be wrong

TWAG
16-05-04, 01:01 PM
If the insurance company pay out for the car, then the car becomes there property. They may give the option to buy it back, but when i tryed to they said no!

James1
16-05-04, 03:22 PM
when my car was written off i just rang them and asked if i could get stuff off it. They said i could cause the usually just get crushed :cry:

Tazzy
16-05-04, 07:08 PM
they wont take your car immediately, but its bets you keep hold of your car if you want to keep it and get it fixed!

i had a guy look at mine, he imediately wrote it off, they then sent me a cheque for the value of the car (minus my excess) which meant they offered me a cheque of ?450!

but

if i accept this, they will take the car away as ive basiclaly sold them the car for this ammount! but as i want to keep my car, im sending the cheque back to them!

and because ive found a garage that will do the repair for less than ?450, LV are willing to pay for the repair instead as long as the mehanic sents them an invoice of all costs, vat, labour and parts!