PDA

View Full Version : does insurance NCB go on the policy or the car u have?

broody
14-05-04, 11:25 PM
if you have 4 months with one car, then change the car, do you keep your 4months NCB that you've totalled up so far?

Jordi
15-05-04, 10:55 AM
if you simply change the vehicle and keep the same company and policy. YES.

If you change company or policy conditions, it will/may start a fresh 12months.

dan_mk1
15-05-04, 10:59 AM
[dodgy american movie accent]jordi aka the new will! aka the insurance man[/dodgy american movie accent]

Will
15-05-04, 02:21 PM
if you have 4 months with one car, then change the car, do you keep your 4months NCB that you've totalled up so far?

just swap the policy with LV they might not insure u this time round tho

:lol: :lol: :lol:

broody
15-05-04, 02:56 PM
so i wont get insured just because i have women driving into me? Nothing has ever cost LV a dime(american money).

Ian
15-05-04, 04:22 PM
you are a bad risk, too many non fault claims, statistics show you are more likely to have them if you have a couple, looks like they are right.

Jordi
15-05-04, 05:46 PM
[dodgy american movie accent]jordi aka the new will! aka the insurance man[/dodgy american movie accent]

not quite, lol. I just done all this lately for my own insurance and stuff.

Mel
15-05-04, 08:18 PM
it shold be alright if u use the same company.

i changed over three cars in one year with the same company, on same policy and still came out with a year's NCB at the end of it.

mum changed over her policy to ANOTHER company, and had to start those 12 months again (even though she'd already gained 6+ months NCB with the old policy)

Will
16-05-04, 12:44 AM
so i wont get insured just because i have women driving into me? Nothing has ever cost LV a dime(american money).

you know how touch and go they are with 2.0 novas

so god knows!

broody
16-05-04, 02:27 AM
yeah but to be honest if they will put my premium up because other people cant drive then how the f*** is that fair or right?

I can not be high risk because other people keep driving into me, just being in wrong place at wrong time, how would you feel if your premium went up because other people crashed into you?

Will
16-05-04, 11:24 AM
its the harsh facts of life, ian works in insurance so knows more than myself or anyone..........