PDA

View Full Version : insurance!

streetracer04
14-05-04, 04:06 PM
hi im nearly 17 and im looking for a nova, ive seen a sweet 1.4 sr would it the insurance be sky high as its my 1st car?

Nova Goddess
14-05-04, 04:35 PM
ive basically asked the same question. i am 17 an for a while i have been gettin quotes that are average on a nova sr but recently i cant get a quote anywhere.

please let me know if u manage to find cheap insurance.

Jordi
14-05-04, 04:37 PM
more info would be nice

Are you going to mod or keep it standard?
Are you going to declare the mods / wheels etc?
Are you wanting your own policy or getting a partner/family on too?
Are you going to take a pass plus course?
Any claims n convictions?
Area?

Really you couldnt quote insurance as everyones different circumstances etc. I would expect a 1.4sr to be dear if u just passed ur test. I have a 1ltr mini and the insurance on that is ?1200 TPFT for my own policy. thats a bog standard mini,garaged, valued @1000, unlimited mileage, but mini's hold value and are pretty wanted so...

Its ?450 with my dad as a driver.

Shop around, but ur DOB in but change year so it makes u 17. see wot u come up with.

try,
Tesco (good for young drivers)
HIC
Liverpool victoria
Adrian Flux

they seem to be the main ones.

Will
14-05-04, 07:59 PM
:lol: :roll: wot he said i know ppl are :sleeping: of me so go with jordi

streetracer04
15-05-04, 12:17 AM
ok cheers well the car already has 16's lowered 60mm buket seats k&n, m3 mirrors etc. the car would be garaged in a good area no convictions and also i will have a years no claim bonus from my bike but ive been told by some people that i cant transfer bikes no claims to a car?

Jordi
15-05-04, 10:53 AM
ye not alot of companies transfer from bike to car. I've got a scooter and they wont accept my 1yr NCB from bike on car insurance.

If you declare all the mods, the price is gunna bump it up abit. Depends how much u love the car if it gets broke into or stolen, hence the cover you select.

My area is nice, but i think its the wider area that also effects it and tbh some area's around here arent as nice.

Best thing is to ring around or online quotes. good luck