PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong

terrible___1
14-05-04, 10:36 AM
ive got a k reg gsi and its pi**ing me off every so often when im changing gear my revs go up i aint got a clue what it could be if any1 does plz let me know cheers ppl :D

DUNOVA.
14-05-04, 11:49 AM
Clutch slipping :? :?:

Adam
14-05-04, 08:40 PM
Are you sure you ain't just holding the accelerator down a bit to far and so its reving when the clutch is pressed in. What does it do, just rev as soon as you put the clutch in, that seems pretty impossible as the engine will just idle when the clutch is pressed.
When you change gear do you bring the accelerator pedal all the way to the top or do you hold it down slightly.

m.d.
15-05-04, 11:14 AM
the throttle cable may be knackred mate. it will slowly return if it is. get a mate to press your throttle all the way to the floor (with the engine off) while you look at the linkage on the carb. then tell him to take his foot off quickly (side step the pedal) and watch to see if the linkage retuns instantly (with a snap) not slowly.

if it returns slowly give the linkage a good squirt with carb cleaner and see if that helps. if not you will need to replace the cable

mikeyredtop
15-05-04, 12:17 PM
what engine is it c16se or e16se, i have a feeling its ur airflow meter

-Bruce-
15-05-04, 01:43 PM
i agree with mike it could be the airflow meter dicking about with its self!!

Aragorn
16-05-04, 06:12 PM
closed throttle flap + afm reading lots of airflow (ie sticking) would cause the engine to flood itself and if anything revs would fall not rise

the throttle must be sticking open