PDA

View Full Version : 5 door Fuel Cap

NovaBen
13-05-04, 10:39 PM
Bit of a crazy post now i know, but does anyone know what Aluminium fuel cap will fit on a 5 door nova, it IS different to the 3 door!! I've heard some people have managed to bodge 3 door ones on there but i'm not sure really!! Any suggestions would be great!!

dan-hipgrave
14-05-04, 04:23 PM
none of the aluminium caps/chrome caps that i have seen as fitting a nova fit a five door mate - i did have a link for a company that made them somewhere but they are expensive - i'll try and find it for ya..

Stanton
14-05-04, 04:25 PM
wots different about it m8?

dan-hipgrave
14-05-04, 04:34 PM
the 5-door caps are completely different from what i have seen - the surround on the 5-door caps is a lot less shallow than the 3-doors if you understand what i mean? and because of that you need a cap with a longer barrel than the 3-door caps have - i think :?

Stanton
14-05-04, 04:37 PM
if u cant find one go to a local engineering firm as a last resort i ure desperate - will b more pricy but it mite b the only way. personally i had no idea they were different

Jim
14-05-04, 05:08 PM
you could always get it relocated. Again, bit of an extreme measure, but its another option.

Jim

Stanton
14-05-04, 05:11 PM
ill tell u wot i have seen dun that looks cool,

like a body coloured disk over the original cap with a hole for the key (not described very imaginitvly)

gives the impression of a smooth cap - shud be cheapo too!

scott.parker
14-05-04, 09:01 PM
well i have done it to mine,just got a none standard one thats smaller(depth wise)then add the steel plate to it..

http://uploader.co.uk/images/wheel_cap.jpg

oh and that pics not that good,color may look crap? its off my phone..

scott

Philsutton
14-05-04, 09:10 PM
no the 5 door is different, ive still got my gay one.

NovaBen
14-05-04, 10:36 PM
I've heard that some people have managed to somehow push the filler neck further out of the car and made the 3 door one fit as the filler neck was easier to access!! Not too sure meself but it may be an idea.....

dan-hipgrave
15-05-04, 02:07 PM
yeh ive still got my standard plasticy one as well but im on the lookout for one and will let you know if i find one..

dan_mk1
15-05-04, 06:51 PM
shall i be the first one to say it?!

"buy a 3 door"

:wink: :lol:

epo
16-05-04, 12:32 PM
well i have done it to mine,just got a none standard one thats smaller(depth wise)then add the steel plate to it..

http://uploader.co.uk/images/wheel_cap.jpg

oh and that pics not that good,color may look crap? its off my phone..

scott

looks well good mate

and ben why not look at relocatin urs