PDA

View Full Version : STRANGE ITEM ON EBAY

nutsaboutnovas
13-05-04, 10:36 AM
check this out and tell me what you think.. could this work???

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32094&item=7901647845&rd=1

:? :o

corsaboy
13-05-04, 10:51 AM
hmmzzzz a very strange supercharger.
whhaha.

i think this thing don't give 15-20 % BHP :lol: :lol:

LewisJC
13-05-04, 10:54 AM
Dunno, in principle it can work, but whether you'd feel any difference is questionable.
Becuase the charger gets its power from the alternator, which in turn is driven by the engine, you'll only get more power if the effect of the supercharger developes more power than it takes to drive the alternator at its higher load.
I doubt it will, alternators (and electric motors) are usually very inefficient. This system seems to add it a conversion from mechanical energy to electrical and back to mechanical again. If you want one, get a proper one!

Ste_Nova
13-05-04, 10:58 AM
crap...

the suction of the engine is better than any vaccum cleaner!

nutsaboutnovas
13-05-04, 12:14 PM
keep all thoughts coming in principle yes it should but im not to sure.. me thinks we need to investigate further!!

Stuart
13-05-04, 12:43 PM
how about you give me ?100 and ill tell you your engine is more powerfull ;) that way youve got rid of that money burning in your pocket and you will think your car is faster. similar effect to the ebay supercharger, but with the bonus that i profit :D

there is a post further down the list where i explained why it wont help.

Dai-o
13-05-04, 01:01 PM
how about you give me ?100 and ill tell you your engine is more powerfull ;) that way youve got rid of that money burning in your pocket and you will think your car is faster.
lmao, true

epo
13-05-04, 08:26 PM
lol this supercharger is always gettin questions asked about it

its like a more expensive 20bhp chip :lol:

corsaboy
13-05-04, 08:35 PM
some people believe everything hahahaha :o :D :D

BigRuss
14-05-04, 10:11 AM
I can't believe people are still saying it could work :lol: :o :lol: :o

Aragorn
14-05-04, 05:04 PM
the idea behind a supercharger is to get more air into the engine

the problem with that product is that although it will FLOW more air than the engine needs in a free air environment it cant pressurise it enough to actually force it into the engine - putting your hand over the outlet of any normal fan would prove that - stick your hand over a hair dryer and the airflow stops - do the same to a turbo or supercharger and your hand WILL move

supercharger blades are very finely machined to ensure they compress the air properly - the blades on that will be your standard blower style blades

ive seen a REAL electric supercharger and it used 3 3hp electric motors (iirc) and needed about 4 batterys in the boot to power it

Stanton
14-05-04, 06:00 PM
ne one wanna try a mini adradable (spelling) rotor supercharger i have on a nova?