PDA

View Full Version : Nova 1.3 SR, 250, MOT and tax. 75k.

Anonymous
13-05-04, 12:15 AM
My Nova is going on Ebay in about a week unless someone can give me ?250 ovno for it.

It is steel grey, and has 75k on the clock. The reason it is at such a low price is because there is rust on the rear arches. On one side, the offside, it is not very noticable, however on the driverside it is noticable and has eaten away at the bodywork a bit. However, it is not so serious that it's an MOT failure, it will take quite a while for it to get in that state. I have been qouted 175 to have both the arches fibreglassed over. There is a also a few bits of rust dotted about along the bodywork, fairly unnoticable, which the bodywork has a couple of scratches and will need t-cut to get it shining again.

The engine is in fantastic condition. The cambelt needs changing, which Vauxhall qouted me ?12.70 for. Other than that, the engine runs very smooth. Starts first time, every time, whether it's been in the garage for a week on it's been outside all night in winter, it starts first time. Very, very nippy, pulls very, very well in all gears. The gearbox is a little stiff though. Some of my more incompetent mates think that because it is as fast as it is for a 1.3, that my carbd' engine has been 'chipped'!

I bought the car off a mechanic who has looked after the car all its life. There have been 3 previous owners before me. The first one, a teacher, took it too the mechanic when he first had it. The second one, i think the teacher's wife also had it reguarly serviced at the same garage. The mechanic then bought the car and gave it too his girlfriend. After splitting up with her, he sold it too me. The engine is in tip-top condition.

The interior is also immaculate. None of the owners have been smokers. There are no rips in the seats. The dash is in perfect condition also.

I have no pictures at the moment, though the car is very similar to Porter's Nova if you want to take a look at his. I will try and get some up.

The car has MOT until November (i think, somewhere around there) and tax until July.

I am based in the north west, Bury, Manchester and am quite happy for anyone to come and have a look at it. Otherwise it will be on Ebay soon.

Please note, the car cannot be sold until the 30th May, though obviously someone can reserve until that date.

Any questions, please PM or e-mail gareth.hancock8@btinternet.com