PDA

View Full Version : Bonding mesh????????

Big Box
12-05-04, 03:41 PM
I've tried a few different types of glue to stick some mesh in my grill, but the wind pressure, etc. just makes it come off. Its annoying me!!!!! What did anyone else use?????

DUNOVA.
12-05-04, 04:47 PM
Tiney self tapping screws round the edge of the inside of the grill there's a groove just screw it in there mine lookes ok and has held on for months :wink:

Big Box
12-05-04, 05:06 PM
Problem is, mine is a Merit grill with the slats removed, so doesn't have this groove.

Adam
12-05-04, 06:45 PM
That hot glue gun stuff normally sets rock-hard. Try that. Or some kind of adhesive that you get in them tubes and you use a gun-thing with them.

Jack
12-05-04, 07:31 PM
No More Nails.... glue, get it from DIY shops. Worked on both the grilles i had, and on my bumper. In fact i'm also using it on my spoiler as well (WITH the bolts too!)... it'll hold almost anything and sets solid as a rock.

stiller_uk
12-05-04, 10:16 PM
RTV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cooper_nova
12-05-04, 11:59 PM
arauldite is good will stick ne thing to most things

robb
13-05-04, 09:55 AM
If you have just the slats removed then you should still have the groove around the outside to screw it into, this is the best way to hold them, screw and washer x 6 each corner and middle.

On mine I didn't remove the grooved part because it is attatched to the bit that holds the grill to car and would have weakened it badly if removed!

novajay
13-05-04, 10:28 AM
TRY NO MORE NAILS BUT BE WARNED WHOEVER USES IT THAT IF IT GETS WET IT WILL COME OFF !!!
USED IT ON MY GSI SPOILER AND THE DRAINAGE HOLES ALLOWED SOME WATER TO GET UNDER THE SPOILER THE ADHESIVE RAN AND THE SPOILER DROPPED OFF !!!

TRY USING A COMBINATION OF NO MORE NAILS AND TIGER SEAL OR JSUT TIGER SEAL, STRONG AS FCUK

Adam
13-05-04, 11:42 AM
TRY NO MORE NAILS BUT BE WARNED WHOEVER USES IT THAT IF IT GETS WET IT WILL COME OFF !!!
USED IT ON MY GSI SPOILER AND THE DRAINAGE HOLES ALLOWED SOME WATER TO GET UNDER THE SPOILER THE ADHESIVE RAN AND THE SPOILER DROPPED OFF !!!

TRY USING A COMBINATION OF NO MORE NAILS AND TIGER SEAL OR JSUT TIGER SEAL, STRONG AS FCUK

So don't use no more nails, it ain't much good if it is gonna fall off in the rain is it.
I would recommend that Tiger Seal stuff, or Araldite(spelling), it is as strong as fcuk and will hold anything. But i think you have to mix araldite with the hardener stuff to make it work its best.

Aragorn
14-05-04, 04:30 PM
i had a similar problem with "easy nails" although it wasnt the proper no-nails branded stuff it was cheapo homebase stuff

used it to attach a gte spoiler and the stuff ran all over the lights etc

Jack
15-05-04, 11:38 AM

So don't use no more nails, it ain't much good if it is gonna fall off in the rain is it.
I would recommend that Tiger Seal stuff, or Araldite(spelling), it is as strong as fcuk and will hold anything. But i think you have to mix araldite with the hardener stuff to make it work its best.

No More Nails has been fine for me.... its held my bumper mesh together for over two years now in all conditions, including torrential rain (being on the front of the car its gonna get the worst of the wet too...)