PDA

View Full Version : Ian S

Anonymous
05-07-01, 03:15 PM
leave it out mate...you've kicked off on my own personal site already and you've only posted 2 messages...

be more polite when u read summit and disagree (BTW, read what i've posted under that message about the 1.6 8v and a 2.0 16v) i'm not gonna be petty and ban u from my site (cos you'll return the favour and i enjoy coming on here)

so could we come to sum mutual agreement...this whole things getting me down a bit now

thanks

Ged

Anonymous
05-07-01, 03:39 PM
Ged quite stragne really Ged my site has had the same problems bout lunchtime yea? I have disabled the sign up thing for a while. I dont know who it was and i am not pointing any fingers.

But that guy giving me grief in the off topic forum is a new member today that has been comong to the site for the guides etc...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

NOT POINTING ANY FINGERS!

Pube Update:
--------------
B-) ok own up, who's nicked my pubes? B-)
:( Very Itchy, i hate this hot weather :(
:) hmmmmmm Savlon :)
:'> hmmmm cool groin :'>
:o Dilemma, do i shave again? They growing back faster than whore in all boys school! :o

Anonymous
05-07-01, 03:41 PM
Ian didn't do anything sneakily, he signed up properly and used his own name...

Anonymous
05-07-01, 04:13 PM
i had a dodgy guy sign up, dont know who it was. oh and ged, ian cant bann you from the site.

Pube Update:
--------------
B-) ok own up, who's nicked my pubes? B-)
:( Very Itchy, i hate this hot weather :(
:) hmmmmmm Savlon :)
:'> hmmmm cool groin :'>
:o Dilemma, do i shave again? They growing back faster than whore in all boys school! :o

Anonymous
05-07-01, 04:15 PM
wanna bet

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
05-07-01, 04:39 PM
Right i haven't been on pug tek i wouldnt lower myself! feel free to trace my ip address, you will find it wasnt me as i am at work posting from royal&sunalliance, also feel free to post whatever you discover on here too, and if anyone has any good methods please help davo, kev can you help him? (god knows he needs serious help) because it will clear my name, and he can go back to watching his pubes grow! :p

Yes i have been on geds, i have signed up properly and i posted what were valid points.
It was pointed out to me that someone was talking crap on there, its not my site and seeing how helpful i am, i thought it correct to point out inaccuracies in advice being given. I would not like to see a nova enthusiast suffer due to bad advice.

1, bad advice given on fitting 17s wrong offset will catch shocks

2. advice to defraud insurance companies by not declaring mods, thus possibly causing someone to get points for no insurance, and lose out in a claim.

3. telling someone a 1.6 8v is better than a 1.6 16v or 2.0 16v, try posting that on here you will get laffed off.

They were all useful posts, and contained corrections to inaccuracies - i dare you to prove otherwise.

So the point of your post was? to cause trouble?

Good day!

Anonymous
05-07-01, 04:46 PM
i tried to be sensible and reason with you ian...i give up trying..:-/

anyway, let's leave it at this, it's annoying kev now, it's not on

Anonymous
05-07-01, 05:09 PM
BTW, here's what we are on about...

http://www.roybacer.co.uk/ubb/Forum15/HTML/000690.html

just out of interest, and in no way am i gonna turn round and say to Ian "ner ner" or anything immature and stupid like that, MC mate...how quick is your nova now? do u rekon it would keep up with a standard 2.0 16v converted nova ?

Anonymous
05-07-01, 05:37 PM
don't know much aboiut 2.0 novas do you, i think you would struggel to find a standard one, for a start everyone will have a cone filter and more than likely an exhaust system as you have to modify them anyway, there would be very few if any 1.6 8vs that would stay with one and yes i'll race mc!

it is sooooo much cheaper to drop a bigger engine in than to spend loads fucking about with a 1.6 that not many people bother.

Anonymous
05-07-01, 05:55 PM
Ian, don't forget peeps like me, i can't change the engine due to insurance, so i am modding the internals, and the insurance cant see those, so makes me go quicker, and don't have to worry (much) about insurance catching up.

I aint attacking u b4 anyone starts. lol.

Anonymous
05-07-01, 07:47 PM
Mark, not being funny but don't underestimate claims engineers one of my mates who is an engineer, has had more modified cars and bikes than you've had hot dinners or ste has had crashes :D (or davo arguments :p) you get the idea.

The spec list of his r5 gtt was longer than this thread, lightened balanced this that and the other etc etc

so just a warning so you know what chance you are taking, you may well get away with it, but don't guarantee it.

Ian.

Anonymous
05-07-01, 11:13 PM
So wot happened?

Anonymous
06-07-01, 09:42 AM
Mark D has summed up really what the meaning of my post on Roy Bacer was all about...

lets forget about it now anyway! it could carry on, and on, and on, and Ariston...:p

Ian [offer's to shake hand] let's forget about all this petty shit now...it's not what we are both here for, we are here to enjoy nova's...i'm booking my test today and should have a nova very very soon (within a month if i pass my test first time ;)) and i'm gonna start coming to cruises to meet all the Novaload lot...and i dont want any bitterness kicking about :)

Anonymous
06-07-01, 10:00 AM
Ged, I believe that my car would be a fair match for a 2.0 16v thats only lightly modded with say a filter and exhaust, but much more than that and I wouldnt live with the pace. It would depend on what type of competition. 0-60 or track would be my best because of the lightweight nature of my car, but 1/4 mile wouldnt be so hot. The engine cost in the region of ?800 all in so probably slightly cheaper than buying a 2.0 16v, mounts, shafts etc etc. I chose to stick with the lighter engine so that I could have a well balanced good all round performer. My car is very reactive and picks up very quickly from standing but the extra power of a modded valver would pull away past 60mph. I`m gonna be runnin a 1/4 mile at north weald in just over a week, so I`ll let you know how I get on.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)]

Whoopass! :D

The original footer, not a cheap immitation!

Anonymous
06-07-01, 10:02 AM
P.s. Ian, I will only race you in a straight line if I can have a return match around a track! :D

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)]

Anonymous
06-07-01, 10:26 AM
ill race ya ian
we need to get it on at santapod or somewhere
im up for a challenge. me and my plain 8valve
:o) or is it???
laters!

Anonymous
06-07-01, 10:35 AM
Think the sound might give it away Chris!

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)]

Anonymous
06-07-01, 10:54 AM
cheers for sticking up for me MC...lol...any other answer would have me me look a pleb...lmao...only me55in ;)

i'm lookin forward to meetin everyone at cruises etc...i bet everyone's cars look twice as good in the flesh...(as Ians proved when i saw it at Blackpool)

bring on my driving test! although i may need to chill out on the speed front...cos my mate lets me drive his XR2 (quick but shit) on the car park where the blackpool cruise is usually held...and i always get a nat's nob away from popping the tyres doing a massive wheelspin (trying to kill the fucker and make him get a nova ;))...i thrash the knackers of it, i started doin a burnout and then took the handbrake off and started goin in circles...anyway, cos i didn't have mybelt on (big mistake) i was gettin thrown all over the place, whacking wind screen wipers on, indicators etc...lmao i was just about to get out of first gear (yes, all this was happening in first, the engine was screaming so loud it was close to blowing up..lmao)...and my mate lent across me to turn all the wind screen wipers and indicators off, and he got in my way...BOOM! straight into a cerb...spewed front wheel..lmfao

i had to pay for it to be re-aligned at the local ATS...bar steward...

anyway...i'm so used to trying to kill my mates XR poo i'll probably start my test with a burn out...:p

"what do u mean i wasn't in control of the vehicle at all times?!" :O :p

Anonymous
06-07-01, 08:39 PM
I was gonna bore my GTE ot to 1750 for a light and powerfull engine, but I`ve been quoted ?800 insurance for a 16v 1.8 Golf GTI so I`m `avin` it!