PDA

View Full Version : Weber 32/34 carb

dan-hipgrave
11-05-04, 05:40 PM
Hi, i have just fitted a weber 32/34 dtml carb to my mk1 1.2. I need to know now which pipes go where on the carb as i bought it second hand and it didnt come with any instructions. I need to know where the fuel lines go and the vacuum? line goes. Also do i need to change my throttle cable because it looks like a completely different fitment? Any pics of other peoples engines with the carb plumbed in would be great! :D
Dan

Adam
11-05-04, 06:44 PM
Have you got the correct adaptor plate,inlet manifold etc for your engine and is it jetted to your engine. I think you do need a different throttle cable, but i ain't sure.
I have this pic, i don't know if its any good to ya
http://img29.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Nova-crew/Weber_32-34_carbs.bmp

Hope it helps you mate :+:

dan-hipgrave
11-05-04, 06:59 PM
cheers mate that is exactly the sort of thing i was looking for :+:
Ive got the inlet manfiold off a 1.3sr, and the carb is bolted to that, i only needed to know where to plumb in all the pipes i now have dangling about the engine bay. Dan

Jack
11-05-04, 07:08 PM
Yoink! That'll come in handy for the 32/34 thats going on my saloon! Been looking for something just like that! Groovy!

johnnynova
11-05-04, 07:26 PM
u will need a t-piece as well because the weber doesnt have a fuel return. one inlet and outlet from the same tube thing.

Adam
11-05-04, 07:27 PM
So it helped everyone. :D

dan-hipgrave
11-05-04, 08:12 PM
What do you mean when you say about putting a T-piece in the fuel line for the return? Where would i get one of these t-pieces? I am assuming the return line is the breather type hose....i would then put a t-piece into the fuel line and join this hose onto that? Also my 32/34 has a vapour seperator cannister i am assuming i would take this off as it is not needed?
As you can probably tell i dont know much about this sort off stuff but am willing to learn :)

Adam
11-05-04, 08:35 PM
You can get the T-piece from
www.demon-tweeks.co.uk

But i wouldn't advise on fitting the weber if you don't know 100% what you are doing. It may need setting up on a rolling road to get the most from it.

dan-hipgrave
11-05-04, 10:14 PM
I am going to get a garage to properly set it up for me...just need to get it so that it can be driven to the garage first, but i dunno what i am supposed to do with the t-piece in the fuel line..

Adam
11-05-04, 10:39 PM
You have to put a t-piece between the fuel return and the fuel main feed. So it is like a circuit.
The main feed has the t-piece in with the fuel return on the bottom of the piece and the remaining end goes to the carb.
If you can understand what i mean.
Will this amazing drawing help you.
http://img29.photobucket.com/albums/v86/Nova-crew/Tpiece.jpg

Simple but effective,LOL. :D

stiller_uk
11-05-04, 11:19 PM
U can use the vapour seperator if u aint got the weber t-piece. Does the same thing

Ste_Nova
12-05-04, 08:57 AM
i've got the vapor can on mine....

dan-hipgrave
12-05-04, 05:46 PM
cheers for the help guys i know what i am doing now :D oh and that is a great diagram youve got there :P

Snowface
12-05-04, 06:09 PM
you need the throttle cable for a 1300/1400sr.

Direct swap.

Adam
12-05-04, 06:40 PM
cheers for the help guys i know what i am doing now :D oh and that is a great diagram youve got there :P

Cheers mate, :D