PDA

View Full Version : Regal - good firm or bad firm

Gunzi
11-05-04, 04:52 PM
havin my cart rolling roaded and tune up at Regal Soton on Thursday, can any one tell me if they know what they are doing? Is it worth the ?90?
jus read the thread on here leading me to think they are shite?

Stuart
11-05-04, 05:13 PM
ive no personal expereince, but id not let them lift the bonnet let alone anything else lol.

Philsutton
11-05-04, 05:15 PM
yeah ive not actually had anything to do with them, but their not a company i'd let near my car.

TWAG
11-05-04, 07:35 PM
I live not far from them and from experience they like people with cash falling out there pockets.

I have a few mates who have had some bad experiences but i would say try them for your self and see how it goes.

Let us know how you get on because im planning on having my valver rolling roaded there in a couple of weeks.

epo
11-05-04, 09:28 PM
there used to be a lad on this site who worked for them dunno where he's disapered to like

cooper_nova
12-05-04, 12:11 AM
i've not delt wiv them, but the general feeling on here is that they are sh!t rip off t**t,
and i deffo wudn't take my motor to them!

Rick Draper
12-05-04, 12:47 AM
havin my cart rolling roaded and tune up at Regal Soton on Thursday, can any one tell me if they know what they are doing? Is it worth the ?90?
jus read the thread on here leading me to think they are s**t?

I hear there RR reads a bit high! Rick

Gunzi
12-05-04, 12:08 PM
not a single positive response! Cheers for the advice I may cancel it then. I heard they read under on the rolling road!
Any thoughts on Power Engineering in Middlesex? I want to spend my money wisely as I don't have a lot of it!

Jim
12-05-04, 02:18 PM
not a single positive response! Cheers for the advice I may cancel it then

Thing is, all the responses are from people who have not actually experienced the company first hand. If all your going down there for is a rolling road, then not much can go wrong (although I've probably just jinxed it, lol).

Go and check out, if you don't like the look of it then walk away, but all the above comments are "I've not experienced them myself, but..."

At the end of the day they are a buisness and want to attract more customers, if you are not happy with the service, complain to Regal, don't moan around the houses without actually saying something to thier faces, not that I'm saying you'd do this, but another post was put up where someone went to Regal, wasn't happy with the work, but never actually got them to fix the problem or refund them, instead they moaned to there friends, who passed it on, and on and so on.

Before you get Regal to look at your car, question them about these stories. I don't want to get involved in a post about whos fault it is, but there may have been a breakdown in communication somewhere which is why Regal get such a slating.

Jim

P.S. I do not work for Regal, I have never had any work done by Regal, my thoughts are purley my personal comments.

Rick Draper
12-05-04, 02:41 PM
Go to power engineering, cancel the regal one. Power engineering are big ford tuners and they have a very good rolling road setup. Regal will prob try and sell you some shat anyway to make your car faster! Rick

TeddyVXL
12-05-04, 03:40 PM
Bad experience here when i tried to ordered my phase 3.5 kit for my Calibra Turbo.

I would never deal with them again.

Personal view only of course.

Gunzi
12-05-04, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'll let them have my ?90 tomorrow and I'll report back!

TWAG
12-05-04, 10:44 PM
[. I don't want to get involved in a post about whos fault it is, but there may have been a breakdown in communication somewhere which is why Regal get such a slating.

Thats alot of breakdowns incommunication! :lol:

Gunzi
13-05-04, 07:45 PM
Regal will prob try and sell you some shat anyway to make your car faster! Rick

I went to Regal, they are a bunch of wankers. booked in for 2pm they finally got round to my car just before 4pm. In this time I was just left in the dark as to when the car would be done, the staff walk around to avoid eye contact in case you have a question. They were trying to sell me spark plugs for ?45 - I told them where to go with that one. They also said I needed a power boost valve as the fuelling was lean between 0-3500 rpm.
Basically I should have saved my money and gone else where (Power Engineering did my dads RX7 a while back and they seemed far more professional AND friendly).

gunzi

Will
13-05-04, 07:49 PM
wot power did the engine get?

what engine etc

they wont just RR they always have to try and sell you thing that are not needed

lol

Rick Draper
13-05-04, 07:59 PM
Regal will prob try and sell you some shat anyway to make your car faster! Rick

I went to Regal, they are a bunch of w**k. booked in for 2pm they finally got round to my car just before 4pm. In this time I was just left in the dark as to when the car would be done, the staff walk around to avoid eye contact in case you have a question. They were trying to sell me spark plugs for ?45 - I told them where to go with that one. They also said I needed a power boost valve as the fuelling was lean between 0-3500 rpm.
Basically I should have saved my money and gone else where (Power Engineering did my dads RX7 a while back and they seemed far more professional AND friendly).

gunzi#

Hate to say i told you so......

Rick

GTE Girl
13-05-04, 08:22 PM
funny that i saw youre car on the rollers at 3 o,clock and that was after you were allegedley half hour late.forgot to tell everyone that youre car was producing 108 bhp which for some dodgy rollers as quoted by someone seems accurate to me for a 1.6 gte.oh and forgot to tell them youre cap was cracked and you were using shoddy bosch plugs.
the lesson learned here would be quality costs and you get what you pay for whatever that subject is.

Stuart
13-05-04, 08:27 PM
out of intrest, what plugs did they try to flog you??

Jules
13-05-04, 09:50 PM
forgot to tell everyone that youre car was producing 108 bhp which for some dodgy rollers as quoted by someone seems accurate to me for a 1.6 gte.oh and forgot to tell them youre cap was cracked and you were using shoddy bosch plugs.

So the rollers are shoddy then? 100 bhp from the factory, as the engine is getting on a bit it's probably about 90-95bhp but you're saying that with dodgy plugs and a cracked cap give 8bhp over the standard output?
Yep those rollers seem spot on.........
:lol:

jkhilton
13-05-04, 09:57 PM
lmao! nicely spotted Jules.

John

cooper_nova
13-05-04, 10:50 PM
lol good call jules

Will
13-05-04, 11:26 PM
GTE girl aka regal sales rep

pmsl

cooper_nova
13-05-04, 11:32 PM
GTE girl aka regal sales rep

pmsl

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cud well b :wink:

TWAG
13-05-04, 11:54 PM
Gotta laugth :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stanton
14-05-04, 10:25 AM
i know i said i wudnt post in this thread but i have to correct jules. gunzi seems to have failed to mension hes

added a lexmaul exhaust manifold + courtenay 270 cam + usual k&n + full system (+ the tricks in MC's sticky!) and ran a 7.69 @ trax 0-60

which guzi posted on the site sum time ago.
so infact it is not standard.

So the rollers are shoddy then? 100 bhp from the factory, as the engine is getting on a bit it's probably about 90-95bhp but you're saying that with dodgy plugs and a cracked cap give 8bhp over the standard output?
Yep those rollers seem spot on.........

no the rollers give good accurate figures, yes the car did have faults - what you say about the 90-95 bhp the car would give if unmodded sounds about rite, but the car has exhaust work and cam work and a filter. this will account for the extra power.

jus lettin you know the whole story

Gunzi
17-05-04, 09:15 AM
funny that i saw youre car on the rollers at 3 o,clock and that was after you were allegedley half hour late.forgot to tell everyone that youre car was producing 108 bhp which for some dodgy rollers as quoted by someone seems accurate to me for a 1.6 gte.oh and forgot to tell them youre cap was cracked and you were using shoddy bosch plugs.
the lesson learned here would be quality costs and you get what you pay for whatever that subject is.

I was 15 mintues late, having rung them to let them know, and actually my car was strapped down after 3pm but they left it there until 3:50 before actually begining rolling it. The bosch plugs that are on it were there when I got the car and what does it matter if my cap was cracked, how does that affect the overall shoddy serivce I received?
They are very good at looking like they are working, 1 bloke (possibly a trainee?) did nothing the whole time I was there, he jus stood around looking busy and playing with the tools.
Oh and yes the car has a cam, exhaust manifold and skimmd head, so 108 was quite under what I was expecting. The printout showed lots of misfuelling from 1k-4k and they said they could give me more power by messing with the cam timing and fitting a powerboost valve but they said it would make it unreliable, so I though fuck it I'll buy the bits myself and get it rr'd at a later date.
Sorry for the long post but I feel I must defend myself and my car!

Stanton
17-05-04, 09:27 AM
They are very good at looking like they are working, 1 bloke (possibly a trainee?) did nothing the whole time I was there, he jus stood around looking busy and playing with the tools.

it wasnt his job to touch your car, this doesnt affect you - he could have been picking his nose or doing a conversion, neither would have sped up your car.

They are very good at looking like they are working

while you were there u made no mesion of your concern for your

shoddy serivce

while you were there you seemed to have friendly enough conversations with the staff and the reading on your car was spot on.

dont you think it would be a much better option to go and see regal and sort this out with them in person and not moan on an internet forum where nothing can be sorted out- if after this you are still not happy simply use another company.

Gunzi
17-05-04, 12:31 PM
I was not unhappy with the reading of my car I'm sure it was accurate. I did mention the service with who I can only assume was the manager, on occassions, he could not understand why I was irate about waiting for near 2 hours before anything happened, saying that there were other cars to do first, in that case why book me in for 2pm?
I never mentioned that the guy doing no work was ment to work on my car, but its all about customer service, if I see a person doing no work in a near 2 hour period when my car is sat there doing nothing, how do you expect me to feel other than annoyed?
I will not use the service Regal provide again, much the same as many other people on this site.

~~joycey~~
17-05-04, 12:52 PM
lol, i have heard bad things about regal in the past a mate of mine took his valver there to be tuned cos it was loosing power badly, they put it on the rollers and when he got it back it was fucking worse! he had to floor the bastard just to get it to move! he took it to pickadors (spellin)and the bloke drove it round the block and said that his cambelt had jumped ova!! after being corected it was once agen fast as fook and he stoped gettin beat by 1 litre metro's! :lol:

but imo they must be pretty shit if they cant spot the cambelt jumped ova and tuned it anyway! :roll: