PDA

View Full Version : what did you use?

nam
10-05-04, 06:52 PM
to get the sh!te that the bump straips leave be hind? Its really pissing me off now because i have taken them off but cant get the glue and foamie' stuff off. so what the hell did every else use???

cheers nam

Adam
10-05-04, 07:02 PM
AutoGlym glue/tar remover. You can get it from Halfords etc.Great stuff :+:

Mel
10-05-04, 08:06 PM
this was a pain in the backside when i tried to remove mine lol

spent ages trying to heat/rub it off..but i found that cellulose thinner was best. It wiped the gunk off like there was nothing there, but if its been recently sprayed, or used a spray can to patch up, i wouldnt use it cause it strips the paint lol

cooper_nova
11-05-04, 09:44 AM
AutoGlym glue/tar remover. You can get it from Halfords etc.Great stuff :+:

as above but then tcut tho whole car afterwards os the paint shades match as best as poss :)

Adam
11-05-04, 01:20 PM

spent ages trying to heat/rub it off..but i found that cellulose thinner was best. It wiped the gunk off like there was nothing there, but if its been recently sprayed, or used a spray can to patch up, i wouldnt use it cause it strips the paint lol

Quite a few people have used this but a lot have said that it will strip your paint if left long enough.

epo
11-05-04, 09:26 PM
i used thinners thats because i didnt know or think about the autoglym stuff
it didnt do mine ne harm but i wud recomend usin the propper autoglym stuff
i highly rate all autoglym products

Stuart
11-05-04, 09:29 PM
Im using a blow torch to remove the sticky foam rubbish, then again the car is being sprayed and i did set fire to a barn lol

epo
11-05-04, 09:31 PM
:lol: :lol:
no wonder it caught fire bet its easier tho

Mel
11-05-04, 10:59 PM

Quite a few people have used this but a lot have said that it will strip your paint if left long enough.

it doesnt need to be left? just dab a cloth in it so theres a lil bit on it and then rub it over the sticky stuff. it only stripped a lil bit my paint cause i sprayed (with a spray can) the door like a week before, and i had too much on the cloth. i would definately recommend it tho. Plus, heat works too, if you can be arsed doing that.

stiller_uk
11-05-04, 11:23 PM
I used petrol, soaked a cloth in it then rubbed it over the sticky crap, let it soak in then start peeling with ur fingers!

Got a nice blister on my thumb from doing it tho!