PDA

View Full Version : stripping a digidash !

Nick
09-05-04, 11:36 PM
i'm trying to clock my didgidash back to my own mileage before i put it in. So i undid the four screw on the back with a screw driver, the ones that hold the white frame and the Circuit board to the front of the dash.

After not being able to pull my white plug out, i decided toput the screws back in for now.... but they wont go in !?

i got 2 of them in but they were really really really hard, im guessing this is some kind of cunnning technique vuaxhall have used to stop people from taking the bolts n illegally clocking dashes !?

or am i using the wrong tool, the screws have quite a angular pattern on them, not the conventional screw head !?

if someone would like to tell me how to clock it i wuld be greatly appreciated, my car has a low mileage and im not interested in winding it back further cos i'm not gonna sell it. Pm me if you want, i understand if no-one feels the urge !

te17@novasgonemad
10-05-04, 08:05 PM
m8 no one will tell u how to clock it coz they will/ can get in shit but use ur sense or dont bother as it is a different dash and so ppl undastand ... the screws are security screws so go and by some with a cross hed on that are the same dimensions

Aragorn
11-05-04, 12:20 PM
use a flat blade screw driver to lift the black thing on the white plug then pull the black thing and it will come out

as for the screws are they torx? or just regular philips head?

if your using the wrong kinda screw driver im not surprised its becoming difficult

shouldnt be overly tight going back in unless youve put oem in squint or summat

get down to halfords and buy the correct bit for the screws

take the dash with u if u want - dont wanna end up rounding off the heads

Nick
11-05-04, 10:32 PM
yer i thin they must be Torx, they are like a veyr square version of phillips.

Right, has anyone ever stipped their digidash !?

once i've removed the plugs, do i just undo the four screws and the white cover on the back will come off and the circuit board underneath wil also be loose !?

i don't wanna pull the board off if there are connections e.t.c !?

please help !

Aragorn
12-05-04, 11:51 AM
it wont break as long as your careful

take the white cover off and have a look at the mileage unit

you'll see its attached to the main pcb by 3 or 4 contacts that go thru the main pcb

i cant mind it u need to remove the main board - u probably do

then the mileage unit unscrews and u can remove it